• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Caporegime
Kaap I've got four more 290X's, so could you add this to my roll of honour pic in the OP please? All Hynix too. :cool:

2libogj.jpg

2cditg0.jpg

:eek:

You trying to corner the market on these or what?

Caporegime
Are those the XFX cards Matt?

Nevermind.

Yes mate, XFX reference cards with Hynix. Got them from OcuK the other day for £270 a pop. Got four gold tickets too. :)

Managed to undervolt them all by -0.062v and -100v AUX too so they actually run cooler and quieter (in TriFire) than my 290P's did. However in quad they run slightly warmer because they're close to each other.

Crikey Matt! :eek: what are you going to do with 7! 290X's ?

13 Radeons in total mate, but only 10 in this picture. Got a R7 260X, HD7770 and a R7 250 as well. I should have added those to the picture really.

Am going to sell 5 and keep 5. Will be keeping one Asus 290P with Hynix for the mrs rig (FX8370E/2400Mhz mems - Will do some benching on this when it's up and running) and keeping the four new XFX reference cards with Hynix for my rig.

2cditg0.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Should keep you warm in winter :D

Keeping me warm in summer. :D

To be honest, one extra card makes little difference in terms of heat or noise output. I've been using three for ages so quite used to it now. :p

It's nice to have that extra grunt at 4k though. Battlefield 4 is a breeze at 4k ultra preset, the cards barely get over 40% fan speed with vsync on. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom