• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX 980 Owners Thread

Associate
I have two Asus cards at home waiting for me. :) (nice one OcUK)

Unfortunately as things have gone **** up at work I can not get home until Monday afternoon. :(

P.S.
Anyone know when we can expect the XSPC water blocks for these?

Last edited:
Associate
Look what just showed up at my door :D

IMG_0008.jpg

Soldato
this is in insane...

I was using an old 570 (my backup GPU as 7990 died)

idle watt for 570 + rest of PC = 225w
idle watt for 2x 980 + rest of system = 130w

using a multimeter from wall

:D lol

That is some improvement, maybe a few years from now we'll have system idle's well under 100W, and whole system loads under what single GPU's used to be.

I'm liking this as electricity bills here are no joke lol.

Permabanned
Hmm i have to do a bit of reading i think, I need one by 30th along with my Shield. But im not sure which as i require non reference cooling because i do not want air going out the back and causing negative air pressure in my case.

I need something that vents it all up into the H100I because these run cool but im not sure which model has the best cooling, power phase and voltage limits. The Strix looks promising as does the G1 from Gigabyte. Anyone know all the info on the voltages yet?

Also way to go Smogsy! :)

Last edited:
Associate
Got my 980 this afternoon, gone from 2 780 classifieds which is a downgrade for sure but I am happier with a single card.

For anyone still doubting how high these things clock:

Jdnygbd.png

that's on stock voltage! I will try +87 later but am not sure how the stock cooler will fair!

I absolutely love it.

Associate
Went with EVGA just in case something special releases within 3 months so I can step up ;). Don't have high hopes for that though. I just played with the voltage a bit but the max I can achieve seems to be 1614Mhz. I'm sure we'll see some very high clocks with the classifieds and similar when under water!

Back
Top Bottom