• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX 980 Owners Thread

Associate
Your poor wallet, gonna be awesome nonetheless :)

What speed ram buddy, 2800?

Yep 16GB 2800 kit, will do me nicely for the time being until DDR4 comes down a bit price wise.

Wow!

Be sure to post some piccies when you get it set up!

Epic first post! :p

I thought it would be a good way to introduce myself :)
Unfortunately I haven't been able to finish off the build just yet, I think all the excitement got to me as I was ill yesterday and am back at work today but, when I do (hopefully tonight) I will post up some pics

Great first post :p

Just an fyi the review links are all broken on the first page.

Nice :cool: Nothing like a new build and being able to sniff the new hardware and rub the nude pcb's....:eek:

Your speaking the truth there, I literally spent an hour just holding it all in my hands examining all the small details. The build quality of the 980s is just fantastic.

Soldato
Well it appears I am now inadvertently an owner! I had planned on waiting for the AMD announcement but completely forgot I had backordered an EVGA SC 980 on another site lol! Just got the email saying it has been despatched...:p

Associate
Well i've got two 980's :)

Have to say i'm really impressed by the build quality of the cooler... which is kind of a shame because shortly I will be whipping it off... just spent another two hundred on new EK blocks for them (pre-order ship on 26th) which now means my total spend is well and truely north of 1k on this upgrade!

So far avoiding the wife quite well but I've got to sleep sometime..

In the meantime i'm organising fluids/cleaning for the loop as I may as well due a fluid change whilst breaking the loop..

Associate
Well i've got two 980's :)

Have to say i'm really impressed by the build quality of the cooler... which is kind of a shame because shortly I will be whipping it off... just spent another two hundred on new EK blocks for them (pre-order ship on 26th) which now means my total spend is well and truely north of 1k on this upgrade!

So far avoiding the wife quite well but I've got to sleep sometime..

Mine think i bought them so I could build her a new PC, but ill just chuck my old cards it. She probably thinks they are worth 200 pound tops.

As long as her computer can play zoo tycoon she will thinks its powerful to be honest.

Associate
Mine think i bought them so I could build her a new PC, but ill just chuck my old cards it. She probably thinks they are worth 200 pound tops.

As long as her computer can play zoo tycoon she will thinks its powerful to be honest.

Mine moans if I upgrade her stuff. I can't win :)

I think i'm just going to remind her that we're drowning in her shoes, handbags and clothes ;)

Associate
I got home and these beauties were waiting for me

Asus-GTX-980.1.jpg

Asus-GTX-980.2.jpg

Can't replace my 7970's in my main rig until I can get some water blocks (XSPC hopefully), so will have to test them in a spare computer I built to play about with a Intel G3258.

OcUK Staff
EVGA SC's are due this Wednesday guys and lots of them. :)

Also we have in stock now:-
MSI
OcUK

Due tomorrow:-
Asus
Gigabyte

Wednesday:-
EVGA

Friday
Inno3D
More MSI
More OcUK