• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX 980 Owners Thread

edit /\

Yep, read that also.

Surely it should be cooler and not hotter?

I know but I've seen a few reports of people saying their 980's are hitting 80 easy, with the same rig my 780 was hoovering around 74, but I did have an aluminium back plate on my 780 so not sure if that helped and it was a little nosier, my 980 is practically silent even running heaven.

Associate
2gyboyq.jpg

Just rigged up for testing stability on air before the blocks arrive next week - bit of a mess as a result as the loop is bypassed etc.

EVGA Bridge on later for extra bling.. EVGA SC editions btw.

Soldato
Just ordered a 970 Zotac for my SG05 LAN rig.. Looks like its going to be a performance monster and should last at least 2 - 3 years as I wont be 4k gaming @ lans for a while.... Nice rig above BTW.

Associate
I can not understand why people pay all this money for graphics cards just to get a few more points in benchmarks. when you play games there is no difference in game play at all until you put the frame counter on but that makes no difference to the game

Soldato
Yeah I dunno must be an appreciation for the technology and taking an interest or something.

I should have kept my 680s

I don't need a 400bhp car either, should trade it in for a Fiesta derv

Back
Top Bottom