• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alien Isolation Benchmark

Caporegime
I think those who refuse to buy Gamesworks titles do so because those games run like a bucket of rusty nails on all hardware.

ignoring games purely because a hardware vendor is involved with said game is an entirely different kettle of fish and somewhat perplexing.

Caporegime
Really?Got any names or posts linking to those statements?

This is the first that I have ever seen, at least to that level....

The only thing, which could be considered in the same sort of league is Matt's posts on mantle games i.e. he will get any game just because it has mantle or/and will rather wait for a game to be updated with mantle support before playing it even if the game doesn't need mantle in the first place i.e. SE 3, his reasons for this are obvious though! :p

Just look up many of the GameWorks threads and you can see them. I don't name drop but they know who they are. Like I say, their choice and doesn't bother me at all.

Anyway, Lamchop did make me laugh and I felt that was the intention but seeing some of the replies, I guess it isn't being taken that way.

Anyways, back on topic and get some scores posted ya lazy pups :D

Caporegime
No worries Greg, nobody's getting bent of shape here :)
I think it's hilarious.

Funny as it is, you know he means it though.

Yer but at least you know his POV :D

No he really means it, he says it over and over again, sometimes quite forcefully.

He has been "ticked off" (polite) when he has been out of order, so if you feel that he is being too much, RTM it and it will be looked into, the same with any posts that are reported.

Edit:

And this game is the only game that has seriously made me scared since playing Resident Evil on the Playstation. I was a big fan of the original film (alien) and this has the same scare factor as that did all those years and years ago. Lamchop is missing out (his choice) and for a heart skipping beats sake, that might not be a bad thing :D

Last edited:
Caporegime

He has been "ticked off" (polite) when he has been out of order, so if you feel that he is being too much, RTM it and it will be looked into, the same with any posts that are reported

What are you talking about? i asked him politely.

I couldn't do it, I hate AMD with a passion.

Why? no seriously why? :)

No one is being facetious so please don't blow it out of proportion.

Caporegime
290X CrossFire@1100/1400

3770k @4.5

14.9 Drivers

1080p

Avg-198.9

TEx7tkA.jpg

It certainly does.:D
Yes, Gsync candidate if ever there was one running no sync, it will be performing very well on this one.:cool:

It does run sweet with G-Sync and 3D will get a play tomorrow (doesn't work with G-Sync) but going to make sure the wife is close by for reassurance :D

Soldato

Like it was ever a secret :D

And yeah, Res1 was the last game to **** me up too :D
Dog, window, hallway :eek:

Damn you Tommy, I knew I shouldn't have revealed my secrets :p

Revised benchies incoming and someone needs to tell me what the hell is going on with my trifire scaling in this game, as long as that someone isn't LambChop :p

Soldato
Love how things get twisted on this forum.

This game is bloody stunning, even in the short space I have played so far. I say its THE best horror game to date.

Everything is creepy, even a can rolling across the floor is tense haaaa
Started my first run on Hard, I always do on games but some people saying its a big mistake I should started on medium.

Any you guys playing hard?

Caporegime
I don't know where this 'attacking' part came from. There's a very big difference between criticising and attacking. I never said the latter. I said the former and there it is on the previous page.

As above, nobody said 'attacked'. It certainly isn't vicious (yet) but that still doesn't mean one should be criticised for a choice IMO.

We're not criticising him for exercising his freedom of choice, rather, we're trying to ascertain the reasoning behind it, as it seems rather irrational (by his own omission as well) and illogical.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any of the Gamesworks criticizers/theorists saying that they will never buy an Nvidia sponsored title, full stop. So I don't think it's quite the same thing :)

Either way, I personally couldn't give a toss what he does or doesn't buy, just as I couldn't give a toss what card anyone chooses.

What I do take objection to, is the constant stream of hateful bile that seems to flow at any given opportunity, no matter how tenuous the link is.
The same goes for those on the other side of the fence (See Drunkenmaster for example, although his style is rather different and nobody reads most of his posts)

I couldn't have put it any better myself, spot on!

Just look up many of the GameWorks threads and you can see them.

Got better things to do :p

I do remember a lot of hate towards gameworks titles from the AMD crowd but I can't recall of anyone saying that they won't buy games, which have it.

edit;

Medium for me as well! I haven't even encountered the alien yet and am still so tense.....

Caporegime
Like it was ever a secret :D

And yeah, Res1 was the last game to **** me up too :D
Dog, window, hallway :eek:

Damn you Tommy, I knew I shouldn't have revealed my secrets :p

Revised benchies incoming and someone needs to tell me what the hell is going on with my trifire scaling in this game, as long as that someone isn't LambChop :p

Yer, man those dogs made me leap :D

@ Shankly, I am loving it. The Creative Assembly have done a blinder on this game. I will tip my hat (if I wore one) at them for some good work. A british outfit based in Suffolk as well, so some good home grown talent. I was happy to buy this game supporting the Brits :)

Associate
Yer, man those dogs made me leap :D

@ Shankly, I am loving it. The Creative Assembly have done a blinder on this game. I will tip my hat (if I wore one) at them for some good work. A british outfit based in Suffolk as well, so some good home grown talent. I was happy to buy this game supporting the Brits :)

Amen to that! Its so pretty and loving the story so far. Cant wait to play more tonight!

Soldato
We're not criticising him for exercising his freedom of choice, rather, we're trying to ascertain the reasoning behind it, as it seems rather irrational (by his own omission as well) and illogical.

All you have to do is read back through the previous page to see what I'm referring to. It isn't malicious but it's certainly criticism and some of it is quite snide. I shan't quote bomb you because I've made the point I wanted to make and I don't see the point in prolonging it further.

Let's get the thread back on topic.

Back
Top Bottom