• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The NEW Tomb Raider Benchmark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you didn't know the answer to the question or had any input to what I was asking, then you need not have replied? I'm sure many others on here will have more knowledge on the subject, which i'm genuinely interested to know more about. Why does TressFX kill the FPS so much? Is it just this game, or is it used in others and has the same outcome?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's only featured in this game so far, so it's all we have to go on.

I believe they're working on TressFX 2, which may be less resource heavy due to the way they can lower detail at distance instead of rendering individual strands amongst other things. It might also allow more than one onscreen character to have fancy hair too.

Have you tried looking for information on it? When I said perhaps you should ask AMD for info, I wasn't taking the ****. Who better to answer your question than those who made it?

Soldato
Well you see I didn't know that this was the only game that it's being used in, and from what you're saying it's still in its infancy. I've not tried looking elsewhere yet, as this is usually my first port of call for any tech questions and has been for over 10 years. I know you wasn't taking the **** :)

Soldato
OP
Fair enough :)
I'm sure there have been a few threads/posts with info about it. God knows where though.

I look at it a bit like physx giving an fps hit when enabled. To the same/similar degree? I dunno :D

Hopefully, it'll give less of a hit in the next iteration. Being open to all vendors will also hopefully see it in more future titles too, with more applications than just hair.

Soldato
CPU was at 4.9GHZ. Windows 8.1
Driver is 344.16
CPU on Water, GPU on Air.

1 x 980 @ 2160p 1560/2000

1 x 980 1440p 1560/2000

2 x 980 @ 1080p 1530/2000

Last edited:
Permabanned
[email protected] air
Vapor-X 290p 1225/1650 air
Cat 14.9.1