• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Benchmark

Associate
What is this some sort of secrete cult? :p the Info for the output file is not in the OP, are we going to make everyone read the thread to try and dig out the information buried within it?

:p

Converting Results

Please use the utility below.
Credit due to:

Havana_UK for working out how to convert the data.
GoogalyMoogaly for creating the utility.
Gregster for hosting the utility.
Many thanks.:)

Convert Results Here.

To use
Find your result file "lategameview".
This will be in the "\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization BeyondEarth\" folder.
Use WordPad to open the file.
Copy and paste the contents into the utility above.
Press Calculate FPS.

It is a bit of a hassle really. It wouldn't have taken that much effort to have the game/benchmark itself display the min, avg, max.

Caporegime
:p

It is a bit of a hassle really. It wouldn't have taken that much effort to have the game/benchmark itself display the min, avg, max.
thanks. also found the 'lategameview' file.

I'm being half serious with this cult crap, you find it a lot in the Linux community, people being deliberately obtuse toward newcomers, and they hate it when you follow up with a simplification of the help response they came up with.

Its a "this is my church, you must prove yourself" mentality.

Its ridiculous.

Anyway. attempting to get a result from this.

Soldato

I'm being half serious with this cult crap, you find it a lot in the Linux community, people being deliberately obtuse toward newcomers, and they hate it when you follow up with a simplification of the help response they came up with.

Its ridiculous.

Everything was in the first post though :rolleyes:
You must have read it, surely?

Otherwise you wouldn't know what settings to use :p

Caporegime

Its ridiculous.

Well in fairness, there is no way you can decipher the results without using Excel (or a similar program) and not many people know how to use Excel apparently, so Havana did the formula, Googaly did the webpage, I hosted it on one of my sites and Kaap updates the thread. I think between us we did well and there is no secret handshaking or cult and you can't get any simpler than what we have done between us. None of us work for Firaxis or AMD and do this for fun only :(

Soldato
Humbug

Did you just download the demo or have you got the full game?

I tried finding out about if the demo has mantle support but could not find any info on it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well in fairness, there is no way you can decipher the results without using Excel (or a similar program) and not many people know how to use Excel apparently, so Havana did the formula, Googaly did the webpage, I hosted it on one of my sites and Kaap updates the thread. I think between us we did well and there is no secret handshaking or cult and you can't get any simpler than what we have done between us. None of us work for Firaxis or AMD and do this for fun only :(

I'm not talking about you, how did you take that away from what i said? i quoted eddyr when he said it would have been easier for them just to put out a Min / Max / Avr.

Did you just download the demo or have you got the full game?

I tried finding out about if the demo has mantle support but could not find any info on it.

Just the Demo, there are Mantle files in the install, dunno. i might start tweaking code paths at this rate :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
What is this some sort of secrete cult? :p the Info for the output file is not in the OP, are we going to make everyone read the thread to try and dig out the information buried within it?

Its ridiculous.

I'm not talking about you, how did you take that away from what i said? i quoted eddyr when he said it would have been easier for them just to put out a Min / Max / Avr.

I just read those and I didn't think you was talking about me but the thread in general. And yes, it would have been simpler to have a min, avg and max results but we make do with what we have :o

Associate
another quick go after finishing a game tonight, so far im enjoying this a lot more than i did Civ5.

1080p
4770 @ 4.2
giga 970 g1 @ 1500/2003
dx11

ngv49.jpg

Caporegime
Surprised to see nVidia dominating this thread but in honesty, fps is pretty irrelevant but a bench thread is always welcome :)

Well done Kaap and good work AMDMatt on getting Kaap to do it :cool:

Back
Top Bottom