AOC u3477Pqu 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 Monitor

Soldato
LG ordered from This Week Only. I've been waiting for this since August. I cant wait another 3 months for them only to say its delayed again....

Gah, don't think I can stretch to the LG. Was only going to stretch to this over a standard 27", going up to the LG is pretty much doubling the budget.

Registering interest for any 'duff' monitors you have lying around AOC ;)

Soldato
Gah, don't think I can stretch to the LG. Was only going to stretch to this over a standard 27", going up to the LG is pretty much doubling the budget.

Registering interest for any 'duff' monitors you have lying around AOC ;)

Yeah.. Guess they won't be wanting the 'duff' review samples circulating any more. I suppose it's best that I keep it when it arrives. :p

Thug
Soldato
I can only accept any and all abuse that comes our way!, it is very unfortunate that we found an issue in production and we are starting all over again.

I guess we would rather provide a 100% working product than ship an in demand product we knew was below par....even if it doesn mean 10-12 week delay :(

Let the abuse commence! but be gentle or I might cry as it is very sad news already! :(

Nah man its not your fault. Unfortunately I'd say it's cost quite a few sales though, as I'm personally going to order a different monitor and I'm sure quite a few will be seduced elsewhere/wait til 2015 when more choice is available.

Associate
Yeah unfortunately I will most likely be buying another screen then due to the bad news, money burns a hole in my pocket.

Associate
Gutted. :( I was really looking forward to this release and had all but decided this was going to be the monitor for me. I'm still loathed to give LG my money due to their shocking quality control and inconsistent customer service. LG would be my last resort at the moment although unfortunately they're the only other option. A real shame about the AOC. I'm tempted to wait it out but it will be a sore wait considering it's felt like a long wait to even get to this point.

It is good that they pulled the release....something LG should also have done to sort out their obvious issues. LG seem to have an odd way of dealing with their issues...as everyone reading this board will be all too aware. Also good to see a vendor rep making an appearance with the news. I can't really fault what I'm seeing from AOC despite the disappointment at the delay.

Associate
Hi, I have been watching this thread since August, after last posts, gutted, decided to patiently wait for the new improved aoc...

But, as I'm impatient,and nosey I thought, I'll look around, out of curiosity, if any of them come up anywhere.
Found that: competitor link.
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
It is good that they pulled the release....something LG should also have done to sort out their obvious issues. LG seem to have an odd way of dealing with their issues...

Yeah, I REALLY want a 34" 21:9 monitor but I don't trust LG so I'll either grab the upcoming 34" 21:9 Dell's U3415W or wait until AOC sort things out and release theirs. I just can't decide whether I want a curved or flat monitor! Curved sounds better for games and movies but I think flat may be better for productivity!

Soldato
They all use the same panel anyway, but with Dell you're going to have better CS and a better stand! I wonder why Dell haven't opted for a flat 34" like LG and AOC though... maybe we'll see that next year. It would appear that the U3415W is being lined up alongside the Alienware range, so very much a 'gaming/fun' approach with the marketing, which is interesting for an IPS 60Hz panel. I would anticipate a more professional approach for a flat version, but maybe that's not where they feel their money is best spent at the moment. Curves are sexy and sexy sells after all! ;)

Associate
Sorry, didn't realise that It might hide my link. That's almost as bad as just linking direct.

No promotion of OcUK's competitors
We, Overclockers UK (OcUK) are happy to provide the resources of these forums to responsible individuals without charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to maintain and use considerable amounts of bandwidth which is paid for exclusively by us. As you know OcUK are in the computer hardware business and therefore the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden. Examples of promotion are :-
Posting links to competitors websites
Posting links to reviews that promote competitors
Quoting the names or contact details of competitors
Offering to provide the names or contact details of competitors
Hinting about product availability at competitors and their pricing
Using the forums to notify a member of intent or actual supply of names or contact details of competitors
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in signatures
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in profile
Posting links to or the mentioning of auction sites
Disguising attempts to do any of the above

Soldato
My guess is that any models for sale will be coming from Europe. It is for sale there in a few places... I saw it on some French site for about 700 Euros. There is a batch out there, but for whatever reason AOC have halted production and it's not being sold in the UK until next year now... perhaps because of a fault or something they weren't happy with. It must be serious as this has potentially cost them a HUGE number of sales with LG cornering the market on a very desirable product, so if it was something cosmetic or minor then it would be pretty silly.

Last edited:
Soldato
More reviews appearing -

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1414762607

http://www.reviewcentralme.com/2014/11/01/review-aoc-u3477pqu-34-inch-monitor/

I also find it very odd that the AOC rep on here said they'd pushed back the release date until next year (10 - 12 weeks I think he said) as they were having problems yet on Tuesday AOC put out a press release in Australia announcing the U3477PQU with immediate availability.

SYDNEY, Australia - 28 October 2014 –Global LED monitor manufacturer AOC (“Art of Colours”) proudly announces the launch of the AOC U3477PQU Monitor. The AOC U3477PQU has a large 34-inch screen with cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio, Ultra wide Quad HD resolution and an ultra-narrow border. A range of design and connectivity features provide convenience and flexibility.

See More and See it Clearly
The highlight of the AOC U3477PQU is the 21:9 aspect ratio screen with its panoramic view and Ultra wide Quad HD 3440 x 1440 resolution that provides excellent visual clarity and detail.

The AOC U3477PQU also features an ultra-narrow border surrounding the image, making it ideal for placing multiple AOC U3477PQU monitors adjacent for multi-monitor display; a good option for professionals working in the stock market, surveillance or other work that requires monitoring of multiple simultaneous images and/or multitasking applications.

The wide, high resolution screen allows surveillance systems to display up to 16 simultaneous video camera feeds with clear definition. RS-232 input is included for advanced control.

PBP/PIP functionality further empowers users to control how and what they watch, allowing a second input source to be viewed simultaneously on a chosen section of the screen.

For leisure and entertainment, the cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio enhances widescreen movie watching with a full-screen view that eliminates frustrating black borders at top and bottom.

No-Flicker technology uses DC backlight brightness control instead of the common pulsing system, making viewing more comfortable and less stressful for the eyes.

Highly Ergonomic and Connected
Despite its large size, the AOC U3477PQU is readily positioned for maximum comfort and productivity. The display can be viewed from almost any angle with full brightness and colour uniformity thanks to the AH-IPS display panel, with screen position further adaptable by an ergonomic stand with adjustment of monitor height, tilt, swivel and pivot.

The AOC U3477PQU features the latest digital connectivity options, including Display Port and HDMI. MHL technology provides convenient attachment of compatible mobile devices like smartphones or tablets, allowing expansive viewing on the panoramic screen.

Pricing and Availability
Manufacturer: AOC
Suggested Retail Prices:

Model Screen Size SRP
AOC U3477PQU 34” AU$ 949

Australia Distributors: Altech Computers, Compucon Computers, Leader Computers
Availability: Now

About AOC:
Admiral Overseas Corporation (AOC) was established in Taiwan in 1967, following decades of success in the USA. With a steady tradition of dedicated research and development, AOC now offers users all over the world a wide range of top-performing LCD monitors and LCD TVs.

Equipped with a strong and comprehensive product platform, production strength and scaled operations, AOC has maintained consistent growth over the past decade. In 2012 alone, AOC shipped 13 million monitors worldwide. AOC ranked No. 1 by volume across the Asia Pacific region in 2010, with 19.6% market share (ex. Japan) (Source: IDC AP non-bundled PC Monitor Tracker Q4 2010).

Today, AOC is positioned to be one of the top global brands in providing the best value display technology. AOC monitors provide a green, ergonomic, entertaining experience, through innovative and responsible design that combines cutting-edge technological features with a unique lifestyle feeling.

For more information about AOC and its products, please visit www.aoc.com

Soldato
More reviews appearing -

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1414762607

http://www.reviewcentralme.com/2014/11/01/review-aoc-u3477pqu-34-inch-monitor/

I also find it very odd that the AOC rep on here said they'd pushed back the release date until next year (10 - 12 weeks I think he said) as they were having problems yet on Tuesday AOC put out a press release in Australia announcing the U3477PQU with immediate availability.

I'm not allowed to give too many details about the delay as AOC told me in confidence. What I can say is the issue is nothing to do with a defect in the product itself. So it will be something you see appearing on international markets before the UK. And the review samples circulating are not 'defective' either.

Soldato
I'm not allowed to give too many details about the delay as AOC told me in confidence. What I can say is the issue is nothing to do with a defect in the product itself. So it will be something you see appearing on international markets before the UK. And the review samples circulating are not 'defective' either.

Fair enough mate, I respect privacy.

I'm sure the reason will surface one day and it will be interesting to know why certains areas of the globe can benefit from it before others.

Back
Top Bottom