• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dirt Showdown Bench Thread

Man of Honour
1080p.

I can't beat that score, no matter what I do to the clocks. I think my 2600k is holding them back, utilisation is over 80%.

Caporegime
OP
1080p.

I can't beat that score, no matter what I do to the clocks. I think my 2600k is holding them back, utilisation is over 80%.

Yep definitely a cpu bottleneck mate. If you dial up the resolution you'll get better utilization on the gpu's. In this scenario you might actually get better performance and more fps if you run the gpus at stock, you'll then notice gpu usage goes up rather than down. Run the sequence three times in a row with the gpus stock and the cpu clocked as far as it can go.

Man of Honour
3440x1440.

I can't run at 1440p (non UltraWide), game won't let me.

3Q6pgtx.jpg

Note how it's nearly the same score as 1080p.

GPUs at 1200/1380.

Just thought actually, I have my Dell 1440p monitor I could run it on. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
These are my settings:

gjcuYiX.png
lexAmn7.jpg
tzwgypB.jpg
XmMWHBx.jpg

I've often thought my scores are low compared to others.
Alien Isolation.
3D Mark Fire
Titanfall struggeling

etc etc.

Caporegime
OP
These are my settings:

gjcuYiX.png
lexAmn7.jpg
tzwgypB.jpg
XmMWHBx.jpg

I've often thought my scores are low compared to others.
Alien Isolation.
3D Mark Fire
Titanfall struggeling

etc etc.

Didn't look mate. GPU usage during the benches from memory always seems to be above 80%.

I think it looks fine actually considering the resolution you're using. I will have to create a new scoreboard for you. :p

Man of Honour
Ah fair enough. :)

Think there is much worth in creating a dedicated 21:9 UltraWide bench thread which encompasses all existing OcUK bench threads?

Caporegime
OP
I'm not really bothered about 1080p mate so just leave it I guess.

How are you finding the 4K monitor? Really happy with mine, but can't wait to swap it out for a Freesync 4k IPS screen next year. It's a bit of a nasty shock when you play on a 4K screen for a while and then go back to a 1080P screen for gaming i found.

Man of Honour
Well it isn't quite 4K but I am enjoying the UW aspect to it, together with it being curved it's like the game wraps around you which offers a great experience.

Back
Top Bottom