• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dragon Age Inquisition Benchmark Thread.

Associate
I get a few more frames using mantle and it seems to max my GPU usage. Single 7950 though so maybe a xfire issue? And yeah the game is almost nothing like benchmark. Quite weird really.

Soldato
I get half the fps in the benchmark with mantle than I do running dx11.
running the game maxed on dx11 at 3440x1440 and getting 60fps nearly all the time and it looks stunning. Haven't tyred in game using mantle as it seemed so poor in the benchmark.
this is with crossfire 290.

Associate
The character faces are pretty impressive but its not the best looking game imo.

I played it a little last night and its very interesting to say the least in terms of gameplay, some people mentioned "Game of the Year" maybe yeah.

4K Ultra (DX) on a single GTX970 runs +- in the 20fps range but feels quite smooth , with SLI GTX970s Im hovering in the 38-48 range.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played this last night on a 7970 cf machine using Mantle and it was pretty smooth. Had the odd problem with cut scenes being a little jumpy but all around a decent experience.

Unfortunately never got to try out dx or even bench the game as he was more into just playing. The games visuals are very nice indeed and the game play was new to me which i enjoyed. I would recommend this game to anyone that like open world rpg's.

Associate
Can anyone see better results from Mantle at 4K rather than DX in multi GPU runs ?

I seem to be getting lower fps from Mantle at 1080 and 1440 while in 4K its higher mins for Crossfire and higher averages on a single card.

Theres also this bug thats showing me 5.8GB VRAM usage at 4K DX in CFX

Caporegime
Christ Kaap, if those scores are any indication of how punishing 4k is on gfx then I'm *really* glad I just stuck to 1440p for a while!!! Goes from entirely playable (70 fps min to 27 fps min!!!)

Not surprising when thought about (3.7mill vs 8.2mill pixels!!)

Soldato
Finally got to bench this game. Settings used were near enough max. The only settings not fully up were msaa which was at 2x and textures were only Ultra. Mantle was around 20% faster than dx on 7970 cf and was the better experience. No screenshots but Mantle returned 49 fps v dx at 41. Both api's gave a decent experience if i am being honest but Mantle was definitely better due to the better average. I would have got some screens but my mate was not interested lol. Drivers used were 14.11.2

Soldato
I used this scenario for DX testing (Fraps) at The Highlands against Mantle (bench tool) and its more taxing.

Strange as i would have expected the newer cards to benefit more from Mantle. 7970 cf played very nice under mantle and as i said the Benchmark scores that we recieved showed a 20% benefit.

System specs were 3770k @4.5ghz
2 x stock 7970's
8gb ram
ssd.
1000w corsair psu

Anyhow this game seems to be a good release unlike some of the buggy crap PC has seen lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom