• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Loads of graphical errors though isnt there, compromise between higher framerates and funky graphics.

No ta.

Im not seeing any graphics errors at all it all looks gorgeous. HDR was messed up in the new build with crossfire but a custom PP preset fixed that.... The FPS bogs down a lot if I use more than a few on screen apps yeah but if I don't use any I get pretty much double fps with crossfire enabled than I do using a single card. If your only on about people using on screen apps then that's no issue for me as I don't use any. for speed, fuel, tires and laptimes ect I just use my phone with the dashboard app.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmmm, will check that then but having had a play with CF ive never managed to get anything working at all well, but until i can prove otherwise i presume, and others should, that im wrong and you guys are right.

New drivers have yielded a slight improvement in Grid Auto. (ref CF)

Soldato
If using anything more than a few basic apps in AC, you'll have problems. Check further into that thread I linked, as there are other workarounds too that don't involve having to either max or disable reflections.

Associate
Mixed Rotation Eyefinity now available on Radeon™ R9 285 series
AMD Radeon™ R9 285 now supports Mixed Rotation Eyefinity for "0" and "90" degrees rotations

WHAT!?!?

PLP?!?! Are you FINALLY HERE?!
My dream for 5 years!!!

And not on my 290's :( Whhhhy AMD I have been asking for this since my 5850's!

Last edited:
Soldato
deuse, that it would be a beta driver has been common knowledge for a while now and it's no different to a whql anyway.

Out of interest, what exactly was the issue you're having and what particular feature were you expecting?

Soldato
deuse, that it would be a beta driver has been common knowledge for a while now and it's no different to a whql anyway.

I've reading around the other forums and you're the only one that says it's "common knowledge" that this would be a beta driver.

Out of interest, what exactly was the issue you're having and what particular feature were you expecting?

I bought my 290x off matt and bought a new power supply with the intentions of going CF.
I based this on that last year AMD had drivers out every month+fixes. Coming from NVidia the support is shockingly bad.

AMD haven't even got a "clean install" option in their drivers.
But on the bright side the euro is still going down so I can go back to NV very cheaply :)

Soldato
I've reading around the other forums and you're the only one that says it's "common knowledge" that this would be a beta driver.

I bought my 290x off matt and bought a new power supply with the intentions of going CF.
I based this on that last year AMD had drivers out every month+fixes. Coming from NVidia the support is shockingly bad.

AMD haven't even got a "clean install" option in their drivers.
But on the bright side the euro is still going down so I can go back to NV very cheaply :)

At least AMD do a very easy uninstall process that is only a few clicks, so if you want a clean install it's only ever a reboot away (and they always seem to link to the instructions to do it every release notes). I've had to uninstall Nvidia drivers a few times when switching from the Green side to Red, and it is so frustrating! There are about half a dozen things you have to uninstall, which must be done one at a time, refuses to do the next without rebooting between each, and just seems to take forever. If it wasn't for DDU, I think I would've gone mad when I had to 7 PCs from GT440's to 5770's recently.

Why can't both teams give us the best of both worlds? An easy "clean install" if you're upgrading, and an easy "quick uninstall" if you're changing.

Caporegime
OP
So when will us GCN 1.0'ers be getting VSR?

It won't be coming to the 7xxx series of cards, but we're exploring options to bring it to the R9 270/280.

This has been communicated from the start.

Wait.... What?

I thought that was in this?

My word.... It wasn't much, but it was probably the one small feature I was hoping for that could be of use.

Also, I thought we had confirmation that dying light was in this? And far cry 4 still broken by the sounds of things?

I'm glad I don't swear off nvidia after the 970's, cause as much as I dislike nvidia they have always been far more on the ball, and I have had far less issues with their stuff in the past.

Amd, are just being a bunch of muppets currently

That feature is unannounced, that's why we've not mentioned it.

Farcry 4 is working, but a Crossfire profile is not going to fix any existing issues with the game.

If people are having problems with Farcry 4 not running smoothly, then I'd take a look at these two videos and listen to the advice posted by tommy.

Working here but you need to disable GW's features:

CrossFire Enabled:

ldFlxl5.jpg

CrossFire Disabled(windowed mode):

Gk0GeqU.jpg

Associate
It won't be coming to the 7xxx series of cards, but we're exploring options to bring it to the R9 270/280.

This has been communicated from the start.

I was under the impression that it was coming in this driver though, and I can't even get CCC to open now.

Really not impressed with this at all!

Soldato
That feature is unannounced, that's why we've not mentioned it.

Matt, this is the entirety of the problem - Communication.

You didn't announce this, but it was in a driver of some kind that someone found, so without any communication from AMD, it was easy to make an assumption.

We can only make assumptions, because nothing is ever communicated to us.

We were told you were holding off this driver because AMD wanted it "just right" or something along those lines.

And yet, they are still missing profiles for a number of games, there doesn't seem to be any performance improvements to speak of (or am sure they would have been mentioned in notes), the list issues is longer than the fixes... and if I am reading right, no updates to VSR?

So, we can only come to the conclusion that almost all development was stopped to get freesync working, which will benefit far fewer people.

I know you are not responsible, but maybe you have enough clout with someone, somewhere, to let them know that their approach to all this has been shoddy.

And if we had had some communication, it would have managed peoples expectations far better.

Back
Top Bottom