• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Permabanned
no video output from either titan x's Ive tried both cards singular, can't even see the post screen. used working cable tried all ports. it's got to be something daft. the system boots into windows I can hear the chime. help ! anyone ?

Have you tried the DVI or VGA output from the motherboard itself?

Have you done a CMOS (bios) reset?

Caporegime
Well OCUK wouldn't price match, so (sadly) I ordered from elsewhere.

Won't mention where but 2x MSI Titan X's will be winging their way to me by Monday next week.

Turns out I'm a hypocrite ;)

Associate
Runs beautifully @ 1440P, puts the GTX 980 to shame :p That extra vram is loverly :D

Run the following games that were notorious for Vram usage

Shadow of Mordor - used to lag in heavy fights and Executions
Dying light - lagged when grabbed by zombies
Dragon age Inquisition - was a mess SLI

all ran beautifully no lag and not one drop below 70fps :) I didn't think the card was noisy but I have my PC running through a sony 810 amp with proper 5:1 speakers so can t hear anything during gaming :)

Looks like that 12GB memory was a winner :)

so do I need a 2nd card .. nope
do I want a 2nd card - HELL yes!!

Caporegime
The Dying Light 'lag when grabbed' problem wasn't GPU related and was patched out within a few days of the games release.

I think it was something to do with using too much system RAM.

Caporegime
SOM Benchmark never did use more than 4GB VRAM even with Ultra textures. Not sure if the developers cleverly planned the benchmark route or just a coincidence.

It was in-game when the problem became apparent, particularly on the 2nd area of the game.

A bit like how the GTA IV benchmark was never indicative of in-game performance.

Back
Top Bottom