• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Maybe at 1440p, but I'd hardly call dips into the low 30s at 5k as 'future proofed'. Your VRAM figures usage figures suggest they'll run out of grunt long before they run out of memory.

How long do you think it will be before 5K is a mainstream resolution?

I wouldn't even say 1440 was a fully mainstream res right now.

Associate
Home after work and Titan installed :)

Had a quick go on afterburner added 200 to the base gpu-z reads base clock 1202 typical boost 1276.

Ran some games and max boost seems to be 1366 so far, with temps hitting 83 degrees. (Normal fan profile)

Associate
Ran some games and max boost seems to be 1366 so far, with temps hitting 83 degrees. (Normal fan profile)

I don't know if it was just me but the standard fan profile was not good for me. I use MSI Afterburner and my temps are much lower - 70ish degrees underload, and 29-32 idle, rather than 83 load and 40ish idle.

Soldato
I don't know if it was just me but the standard fan profile was not good for me. I use MSI Afterburner and my temps are much lower - 70ish degrees underload, and 29-32 idle, rather than 83 load and 40ish idle.

I found the default fan setting was absolutely fine for noise, but temps got too high for my liking! So I set a custom profile which although has kept temps at a more reasonable level is unfortunately quite a bit louder. It's not really a problem for me as I game with headphones on. However, it has to be noted that the card is anything but quiet. It is adequate on stock fan profile. Very loud above 50% towards jet engine like approaching 100%.

Back
Top Bottom