• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Regarding physx - I know it's not used a lot (Batman anyone, that it?) but would there be any point, whatsoever in the world, in me using a 780Ti for physx alongside my TitanX??? Surely the TX is powerful enough to just do it all....

I’m almost certain it would make almost zero noticeable difference even on an x99 board when running at Titan X.

Certainly not enough to justify getting/spending £200+ for a 780ti, and I guess on some boards it may even slow things down?

Soldato
No one has mentioned any of the dreaded coil whine yet on the TX. Mine is totally silent apart from a very slight noise at silly high fps (like exiting heaven bench) which is par for the course.

Everyone else good?

Associate
No one has mentioned any of the dreaded coil whine yet on the TX. Mine is totally silent apart from a very slight noise at silly high fps (like exiting heaven bench) which is par for the course.

Everyone else good?

Mine is the same, just a slight noise when exiting Heaven or Valley benches.

Soldato
Regarding physx - I know it's not used a lot (Batman anyone, that it?) but would there be any point, whatsoever in the world, in me using a 780Ti for physx alongside my TitanX??? Surely the TX is powerful enough to just do it all....

I had a spare 750Ti (someone did a test and there was a 1fps difference between 750ti and 980 used as dedicated physx cards) which is now dedicated to Physx duties. Means my Titan X is 100% for gpu grunt. The difference in physx games is decent but otherwise largely pointless.

Caporegime
MSI Titan X #2 has arrived :D

VincentHannah_TitanXSLI.jpg

Soldato
Can I just ask, why are most people buying 2? Are you all running 4k or what, or have you just gone a bit mad? After testing mine for the last 3 days or so I can confidently say that at 1440p one is perfect and more than sufficient, and especially with Gsync on the Rog Swift.

After whacking a fairly decent overclock on (I could push more but daren't yet) this TX is 'as good' as my pair of 780Ti's in games, but in actual fact it's 'better' as I now have ZERO SLI MICROSTUTTER, and all that Vram waiting to be tapped. Perfectly smooth gsync gameplay with no SLI issues was what I made the change for, and it seems to be working beautifully so far.

Caporegime
Oooh, first little snag.

Never used SLi before. I tried Unigine Heaven 4.0 and there was pink flickering on the screen.

Any ideas?

Re-seated my SLI Bridge multiple times but as soon as a 3D program starts, It's just flickering.

First it was pink.

After re-seat (multiple times) it's now flickering red.

Edit: solved it. SLI bridge was too tight! Had to pull it halfway off the connector of the second card...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom