• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
I have a 180mm Silverstone AP182 blowing over the rear of the card which already cools the chips well, I measured them using an IR gun after playing for a while and they were under 100c. I only want a backplate to make it look a bit cleaner and to stop it from sagging in the future.

i've found a way to solve the board sag :-
http://www.rcr.com.au/metalmate/carinya-brackets/sturdy-angle-brackets

that will go under the board and attach to the mobo tray, it doesn't attach to the board, just pushes it back up......if you use silicone sealent to attach it to the tray you'll need to leave it overnight to cure, with the GPU removed......... i used this on the 970 SLI

and i've reduced the size of the Arctic back plate so that can go back on too....NOT NEARLY AS UGLY ;)

as long as the card can be returned to Stock for selling it in the future you're ok...

Last edited:
Soldato
I am profoundly jealous of you all. I had to wait 3 weeks for my TX and it failed almost immediately. :( And now I have to wait 2 weeks for the replacement. :(

<Sob, sniff> :)

(None of this is OCUK's fault, of course.)

wow that's bad, I guess i'm lucky i suppose.

Soldato
what sort of temps are people getting. mine seem to running near 83 degrees when gaming with fan speed at like 80% it's kinda worrying

Then you'll need to set it up on manual and adjust it, it takes ages to get right.

mine is 70 degrees (power limit) at 55 % fan speed............with the cooler it's 48 degrees max on 40% fan (dead quiet)

Soldato
Noise doesn't bother me as I'm always using headphones whilst gaming, for all other use the system is quiet anyway.

I hate using headphones, and noise does me in.
Computer is in the same room where i sleep and i leave it on all night (films, etc) i really hate even the tiny whisper of fan noise.

Normally have my setup running through one of those Aquaero fan controllers, which ramp up with water temp, but now i just use 5V reducers with quiet fans :) (fixed performance, but less hassle)

Man of Honour
OP
http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/garymcq23/media/20150415_174002.jpg.html

CvIKCWW.jpg

I want to join :). overclock now or wait to it goes under water?

TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Soldato
Putting mine under water would set me back £300 for all the gear, not worth it for another 100mhz on the core or whatever I'd get.

Going down the AIO route would be less costly, potentially still give a bit more headroom and most importantly definitely be quieter. If I didn't already have a custom loop and only required the gpu block, this is what I would be doing.

Associate
Just wondering if anyone has some fps results for gta v at 1440 p maxed out on 1 Titan x? I am sooooo close to taking the plunge with the asus Titan x to replace my 2 gtx 980 soc. They manage to hit 45-65 all on high but that's at the best aggressive oc I can get out of um and they spike 81 degrees after 30 mins and that's before summer! :/

Back
Top Bottom