• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Oh , if you want my personal opinion , Buy the Titan, I've been 110% happy. ..... However , i always planned to water cool it, could i have lived with the standard cooler ? no, don't get me wrong its no 290x reference cooler but its still hot and noisy.

Associate

:confused:

"KitGuru Says: Keeping in mind that the information about the GeForce GTX 980 Ti is unofficial and mostly comes from one or two sources, take it with a huge grain of salt. In fact, unless Nvidia deliberately wants to steal media attention from the Radeon R9 390-series graphics adapters, it does not need to release another GM200-powered graphics solution any time soon. Even the name of the adapter is in question since it leaves Nvidia no options regarding the name for a graphics board powered by a cut-down GM200."

Yes it is.

Associate
Decided to go the Closed loop route and piked up a couple G10's and X31's today :).
also GTAV on my SLi titans is just so unstable and can't figure out why, perhaps its because my board only has PCIEX16 and x8 to use them in?

Soldato
odd !!!!!!!

when i minimise Sniper Elite 3 and come here the fan doesn't stop spinning, it stays at full speed all the time...

it only slows down and retuns to normal if i exit the game totally :confused::confused:

Associate
odd !!!!!!!

when i minimise Sniper Elite 3 and come here the fan doesn't stop spinning, it stays at full speed all the time...

it only slows down and retuns to normal if i exit the game totally :confused::confused:

Thats because its still running in the background , quite a few games do this.

Soldato
VERY INTERESTING

the stock cooler is far better at cooling the RAM and the board than the Arctic, but the Arctic keeps the processor at a much lower temp..

when you stop gaming you cant touch the board with the Arctic on, it almost burns your finger, but the stock cooler is miles better, a lot cooler.

the Titan X cooler is actually really good, the processor looses its heat in about 10 seconds, it's taking a long time to get used to this card but i'd say it's pretty damned good.

so which is best ? ......... the stock cooler wins, because it keeps the board far cooler, which is very strange because the Arctic backplate is huge.

Last edited:
Soldato
odd !!!!!!!

I take it your using Precision X?

I stopped using it as it conflicted with a few other programs :(

Using AB now without issue - just no voltage control.

VERY INTERESTING

the stock cooler is far better at cooling the RAM and the board than the Arctic, but the Arctic keeps the processor at a much lower temp..

when you stop gaming you cant touch the board with the Arctic on, it almost burns your finger, but the stock cooler is miles better, a lot cooler.

the Titan X cooler is actually really good, the processor looses its heat in about 10 seconds, it's taking a long time to get used to this card but i'd say it's pretty damned good.

so which is best ? ......... the stock cooler wins, because it keeps the board far cooler, which is very strange because the Arctic backplate is huge.

:)

Man of Honour
OP

TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Associate
Hi first post.

20150417_143029_zpsy8jhthrt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom