• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Associate
Is Unigine Valley 1.0 CPU limited or what :confused:
After getting my 5820K and I had my win7 power savings to balanced I only got around 109FPS in average. But when I changed power settings to Maximum performance, then I got around 132FPS in Valley !:eek:. Something with win7 power settings and the use of multiple cpu cores and MHz isn't running right in Valley 1.0. :confused: I experienced tha same with SuperPI - running balanced i got around 10sek, running max performance I got around 8sek.
Running 3Dmark at balanced/max powersettings didn't affect anything - CPU scores and overall scores remained the same.

core i7 [email protected], 3x GTX 970 1051@1251Mhz GPU 1753@1950Mhz vram. All air cooled.

Soldato
Is Unigine Valley 1.0 CPU limited or what :confused:
After getting my 5820K and I had my win7 power savings to balanced I only got around 109FPS in average. But when I changed power settings to Maximum performance, then I got around 132FPS in Valley !:eek:. Something with win7 power settings and the use of multiple cpu cores and MHz isn't running right in Valley 1.0. :confused: I experienced tha same with SuperPI - running balanced i got around 10sek, running max performance I got around 8sek.
Running 3Dmark at balanced/max powersettings didn't affect anything - CPU scores and overall scores remained the same.

core i7 [email protected], 3x GTX 970 1051@1251Mhz GPU 1753@1950Mhz vram. All air cooled.

Windows 7 does not support any more than 4 cores natively. Hence all of this core parking nonsense and hacks and patches to try and make it work properly. I would imagine the power saving is parking CPU cores, hence your odd ball results.

If you want the ideal solution then upgrade to Windows 8.1. It sees more cores and addresses them properly, especially AMDs (not that it matters to you running a Intel...).

Back
Top Bottom