• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a couple of backplates and EK waterblocks for Titan X but wanted to ask a question before ordering the cards themselves.

Reference or Not ?

Being on water the design or cooling abilities are not important but I want to make sure I get the best basic cards for my money. Will I be better off overclocking the ref cards or go with something that has been tweaked already ?

Opinions or experience greatly appreciated :)

Soldato
Arrived :) A tad odd as the delivery man delivered the waterblocks at 8:30 in the morning, then came around at 4:30 to deliver the titan x not realizing he has a second parcel for me :confused: all good now though :D

DSCN0131.jpg

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a couple of backplates and EK waterblocks for Titan X but wanted to ask a question before ordering the cards themselves.

Reference or Not ?

Being on water the design or cooling abilities are not important but I want to make sure I get the best basic cards for my money. Will I be better off overclocking the ref cards or go with something that has been tweaked already ?

Opinions or experience greatly appreciated :)

All titan X's are refrence

Soldato
I'll install it now, is there an in game benchmark?

I appreciate it, thanks!

Unfortunately there's no in game benchmark tool. Interested to see how good or bad it performs at 1440p with every setting as high as they'll go. The post-processing effects can be quite brutal.

Running the time trial race in the Lotus with every setting as high as it can go including 120 field of view it never dropped below 70fps, averages in the 80's and gets into the 90's sometimes.

Which event and car is that exactly so that I can try it with my 2 x 290s? Thanks :) Did you have all of the post-processing effects on max too?

Last edited:
Associate
All titan X's are refrence
I think the OP meant Factory OC or not e.g. SuperClocked, AMP! etc...

I went for the SC as historically SC's have a better resale price... that said I see no other reason.

I can get 1514Mhz before it quits on me at max voltage on modded BIOS so far.. It's early days!

BUT I have returned to stock voltage and 1442Mhz for daily running... it gets to 36 deg C if I push it hard on a 4K max settings in Elite Dangerous and was playing Witcher 3 (got my free copy last night thanks to this thread) at 4K with mostly ultra settings (not all hair things on, just the player character's - Geralt or sommit like that ;)) and getting playable framerates.

Last edited:
Associate
I am the owner of Titan X for a week. Like everything about the card but the noise.
Will you guys not have buyer's remorse in two weeks when 980ti hit the shelves? I mean, almost as quick for £300 less:confused:

Soldato
Yep I made sure every setting possible was maxed.

It's the Lotise Elise SC and the track was Magione.

That's really good then for a single card! Was it overclocked at the time?

I just about average 78fps @ 1440p on that track with the same car with overall effect quality and glare quality on ultra, and reflection quality on low. There are too many settings to mention, but they're definitely not all maxed out.

Associate
Unless I see scores way ahead of my firestrike extreme score then no, incredibly happy with mine. Faster than SLI/CF setups in some games :eek:

Of course, you will not see better scores from a single one. I am just thinking, I would be more happy to pay £1.2K for SLI 980ti than £900 for Titan X. The only thing that puts me off, if true, will be memory architecture similar to 970. So 5,5GB +0,5GB. Not yet, but in not so distant future, it could be a problem.

Caporegime
Well SLI still has issues with gsync and DSR and also still see reports of microstutter.

Much rather rely on a single fastest card which I know always works as best as it can than put my faith in drivers or game devs optimising for multi GPU users which seem to be a tiny percentage according to steams hardware survey.

I'm hoping the 390x smashes the Titan just to satisfy another upgrade itch :) shouldn't cost me anything either.

Back
Top Bottom