• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Rumour Mill Thread

Associate
If Websites want to publish stuff found on Chinese forums as fact and it turns out to be incorrect that is not my problem.:)

For this thread I would like to see people posting articles from as wide a range of websites as possible so sites like VidoecardZ don't get an unfairly large amount of articles linked. The qualification though is it has to be a website and not another forum.

Expreview is one of the most popular Chinese tech sites, and that wasn't a forum post.

uegGuWd.png

Also: 1. They must be from a news site like VideoCardz, ordinary forum speculation will not be used.

Well I'm confused.

Sometimes it is difficult trying to find the origin site and lets face it if a website like VideocardZ or any of the others do post an article the onus is on them to find the original source, anything less would be bad journalism.

Clearly, referring to the source four times was not enough.

I choose the first site I see with the article in question.:)

Why are you so bothered anyway, do you work for Videocardz ?

:rolleyes: I do not work for VC, it's not a workplace. The ad revenue, that so many people think is the purpose of my site, hardly pays off the server.

The bottom line is if it is True what is posted the website will look good, if it is busted it will look bad for them. If websites post stuff they should get their facts right !!!

Clearly, let VC take the blame if other site was wrong.

Also what's with all this printscreening of my articles? Can't you just quote the interesting part, like all people do. If I change my posts I do it to fix grammar errors or add more content.

I visit OCUK almost every day, but seeing this thread at the top with my new article every time really makes me wonder what is the purpose of it.

Caporegime
Because Gibbo said a 980 price drop was coming that's why

He didn't. He said it could do with a drop not that it was going to.

Nvidia will drop the price of the 980 when AMD release a card that rivals it and costs less. That could be on Monday, that could be months from now. Who knows :p

Man of Honour
OP
Expreview is one of the most popular Chinese tech sites, and that wasn't a forum post.

uegGuWd.png

Well I'm confused.

Clearly, referring to the source four times was not enough.

:rolleyes: I do not work for VC, it's not a workplace. The ad revenue, that so many people think is the purpose of my site, hardly pays off the server.

Clearly, let VC take the blame if other site was wrong.

Also what's with all this printscreening of my articles? Can't you just quote the interesting part, like all people do. If I change my posts I do it to fix grammar errors or add more content.

I visit OCUK almost every day, but seeing this thread at the top with my new article every time really makes me wonder what is the purpose of it.

If you publish something on your website you need to take responsability for the content, simple.

If you also check the OP of this thread you will notice that so far your site has not got any wrong yet, so what is the problem.

Man of Honour
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom