• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Man of Honour
Well tonight I'll strip my loop down in preparation for the Ti's hopefully arriving on Thursday. I've got new tubing, a new res and new fluid to put in. I'm hoping to be in a state of just taking off the reference coolers and putting on the EK blocks, then fill & leak test on Thursday followed by some benchmarks.

Associate
I had only just bought a GTX 980 HOF in February and just today pre-ordered an EVGA GTX 980ti Classified. I am now ready to sell my HOF card. Oh how I do love burning money but I don't care one little bit :)

Soldato
Thanks for that chaps, pondering going to 3440x1440 21:9 a little later so sli 980Tis may be the answer - how is sli scaling compared to amd xfire these days?

Associate
Thanks for that chaps, pondering going to 3440x1440 21:9 a little later so sli 980Tis may be the answer - how is sli scaling compared to amd xfire these days?

sli scaling was fine for me from past experience with 980s. i tested GTA 5 out on single gpu mode just to see how this card would cope, on stock settings it boosts to 1202mhz and i put everything on max (msaa x2, very high/ultra, 3440x1440) and im seeing an average of around 50fps. if this was 2560x1440 it would have maintained a solid 60fps

Soldato
Im having some weird vsync issues.. The fps in every game i tried so fare will drop and the game stutters.. sometimes for 1-2 seconds before returning to 60 fps locked. During the stutter/fps spike gpu usage drops a good deal.. Anyone else have this issue? its ruining my fun with the 980ti..

Soldato
how would you fit these hybrids in to a HAF-x PSU as the bottom, AIO CPU cooler blowing out the back.

Do the rad have long enough pipes to reach the top? or do I remove the fans at the front and mount them there?

Soldato
I know it's a bit obvious, but try 59fps just in case? Works great for me...

Already tried that.. dont know what the heck is going on.. i always use an fps limiter to remove as much input lag as i can.. but with and without it the games just stutter like crazy but not constant.. Didnt have this issue on my 780 lightning.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Im having some weird vsync issues.. The fps in every game i tried so fare will drop and the game stutters.. sometimes for 1-2 seconds before returning to 60 fps locked. During the stutter/fps spike gpu usage drops a good deal.. Anyone else have this issue? its ruining my fun with the 980ti..

Try Nvidia adaptive vsync rather than in game ones.

Soldato
Try Nvidia adaptive vsync rather than in game ones.
That wont work as it just turns off vsync every time theres a fps variance which is all the time.. might as well run without then.. Something aint right. I just reinstalled the machine and put a fresh batch of driver on it.. lets see if it fixes the issue

Whats your ASCI number, not that it matters but I always check

72.5% & 74%

My ASIC quality is 71,1%

Associate
Mine arrived today, looking forward to my first SLI setup. Not going to install them just yet though, as the waterblocks won't arrive until tomorrow.

For TROH:

ILTJ50kl.jpg

Soldato

I had that exact same issue with my old 750ti, granted the card isn't anywhere near the same league but the symptoms were identical - FPS was locked on 60 with V sync and then under certain gaming situations it would drop to 30 or less and AB would show that the core clock had dropped to almost idle clock.

It turned out to be as simple as an unstable overclock, it would run all the benchmarks absolutely fine but in games it would randomly do the above, I just turned the clock down and it ran like a dream.

No idea if yours is overclocked, maybe worth a try.

Soldato
I had that exact same issue with my old 750ti, granted the card isn't anywhere near the same league but the symptoms were identical - FPS was locked on 60 with V sync and then under certain gaming situations it would drop to 30 or less and AB would show that the core clock had dropped to almost idle clock.

It turned out to be as simple as an unstable overclock, it would run all the benchmarks absolutely fine but in games it would randomly do the above, I just turned the clock down and it ran like a dream.

No idea if yours is overclocked, maybe worth a try.

It is not at the moment.. ill give it a go i guess. it cannot hurt i suppose :)

Man of Honour
OP
Mine arrived today, looking forward to my first SLI setup. Not going to install them just yet though, as the waterblocks won't arrive until tomorrow.

For TROH:

ILTJ50kl.jpg

Nice and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Reference, Larcwide, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, a66as, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Angst, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, RichardH754, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Phixsator, Link, Date 01/06/2015
Make Reference, Tommy_Here, Link, Date 01/06/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your 980 Ti.​

Back
Top Bottom