• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
I bet your sat on UPS tracking pressing F5!

You have NO IDEA! I ordered UPS Express, and I "need" them so badly haha.

http://imgur.com/j8nlEeW

Got it yesterday...Unfortunately stock cooler is much louder than I expected it to be:(

Really? What was your last card you're comparing it too?

Sites are claiming it has the exact same vapour chamber cooling as the Titan X, so I would expect it to sound the same.

Soldato
Moved my PC under the desk to sort the fannoise issue out. Got a nice easy 200mhz oc straight off the bat as well.

Sadly I can't do that. I have my RAID enclosures, and other externals down there.
Nothing is louder, than a Thunderbolt external raid enclosure with a 80mm fan :(

It's the reason I went for the NZXT H440 chassis, to reduce noise as much as possible on the desk.

Associate
cursor is hovering over the buy now button. Been thinking about remapping my car for the past 2 months but I think that will have to wait now.....

Any dates been said as to when it will be shipped?

Associate
So... Todays the day for EVGA cards or at least the one I ordered, has anyone got a update on these? :(

I ordered the reference EVGA card, non-SC and yet to hear anything. Have been told by CS that I'm first in the dispatch queue so I'm sitting here at work watching my emails for any form of update, eagerly hoping I get one letting me know it'll be with me tomorrow :p

Soldato
The dual 8 pin thing means nothing, you'll need to flash a custom bios to allow the card to draw more than what the stock bios allows and even then 8 & 6 pin is more than enough.

So no real benefit in going with one of these over a reference card? I was hoping they might of used binned chips and the extra power connectors would let me push the clocks more.

Bring on the Classifieds, wanna see how they perform.

If they were out today I would have gone for one. A months wait is a long time when you have an itch.

Out of interest does anyone know or could guess how much of an extra overclock you could get with the Classifieds? If its only a few percent then no loss but if its a fair chunk I might wait it out.

Associate
I received mine today. I am building a new PC and other parts will be delivered tomorrow though. Asus boxes are quite nice.

Btw: Hi everyone! That's my first post here.

PuCtPmT.jpg

Caporegime
So no real benefit in going with one of these over a reference card? I was hoping they might of used binned chips and the extra power connectors would let me push the clocks more.

The only cards that will be binned from what I can see so far are the classified and kingpin models from EVGA.

The extra power connectors will do nothing unless you can somehow manage to draw anywhere close to 375w (300w from 2x8 pin and 75w from the slot) from the card while keeping it stable.

Soldato
The only cards that will be binned from what I can see so far are the classified and kingpin models from EVGA.

The extra power connectors will do nothing unless you can somehow manage to draw anywhere close to 375w (300w from 2x8 pin and 75w from the slot) from the card while keeping it stable.

Ah well if the chips arent binned then that kind changes things.

I would love a binned chip as it will be going under water and I fancy pushing the clocks.

Soldato
I ordered the reference EVGA card, non-SC and yet to hear anything. Have been told by CS that I'm first in the dispatch queue so I'm sitting here at work watching my emails for any form of update, eagerly hoping I get one letting me know it'll be with me tomorrow :p

I'm 4th so I'm hoping they turn up today and get shipped in time so I can install it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom