• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
I will :)

Not the least bit fussed what AMD is bringing out...

If it changes prices... meh. Won't be spending this much on GPU's ever again though!

Soldato
Would anyone with a 980Ti be kind enough to check the FPS for me on pcars with the following:

1080p
All settings MAX - inc AA & AF
Imola
Audi R8 LMS Ultra

If you could let me know what the max/min FPS around a lap is that would be great.

Considering switching my 290x2 for a 980Ti + ££££

Last edited:
Associate
P1000267_zpsoqvtx31b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]cant wait to install this and have a play will get ek
P1000267_zpsoqvtx31b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] block and backplate delivered in a couple of days

Man of Honour
OP
P1000267_zpsoqvtx31b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]cant wait to install this and have a play will get ek
P1000267_zpsoqvtx31b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] block and backplate delivered in a couple of days

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Reference, queeg, Link, Date 04/06/2015
Make Reference, abaddon, Link, Date 03/06/2015
Make Reference, Volv, Link, Date 03/06/2015
Make Reference, Larcwide, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, a66as, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Angst, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, RichardH754, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Phixsator, Link, Date 01/06/2015
Make Reference, Tommy_Here, Link, Date 01/06/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your 980 Ti.​

Soldato
Well, a slight update to my current experience with the 980ti. No doubt its a heater but the last few gaming sessions havent been that bad actually in this department.

Last session was BF4 Using ultra preset @ 3440x1440 locked to 60 fps and vsync enabled.
Through out the entire match the fps was steady and didnt dip and usage went between 35-60% :p so much performance in this card. Card didnt go above 69 degrees with a custom fancurve reaching 55%. Its a little noisy due to the air getting tunneled through the heatsink but with a pair of headphones on as i usually use i didnt notice it one bit.

Its so sweet to be able to push fps=hz at such a high resolution monitor with maximum details even in games like Dragon Age INQ.

I would however recommend any 980ti to download the gsync hotfix driver from nvidia ->HERE<-. I got annoying stuttering on the release driver whenever i used vsync and this driver for whatever reason have fixed it..

Associate
Well, a slight update to my current experience with the 980ti. No doubt its a heater but the last few gaming sessions havent been that bad actually in this department.

Last session was BF4 Using ultra preset @ 3440x1440 locked to 60 fps and vsync enabled.
Through out the entire match the fps was steady and didnt dip and usage went between 35-60% :p so much performance in this card. Card didnt go above 69 degrees with a custom fancurve reaching 55%. Its a little noisy due to the air getting tunneled through the heatsink but with a pair of headphones on as i usually use i didnt notice it one bit.

Its so sweet to be able to push fps=hz at such a high resolution monitor with maximum details even in games like Dragon Age INQ.

I would however recommend any 980ti to download the gsync hotfix driver from nvidia ->HERE<-. I got annoying stuttering on the release driver whenever i used vsync and this driver for whatever reason have fixed it..

Good stuff. Out of curiosity what settings can you apply in Dragon Age Inquisition whilst maintaining a rock solid 60 FPS?

On my Titan X at 1350mhz I could do everything maxed, MSAA turned off, and resolution scaling lowered to 90%. That gave me 60 FPS even in intense fights.

Last edited:
Soldato
Be interesting to compare Dragon Age on these in SLI against 3 x 290X 8GB, with everything maxed.

According to overlay can get up to 6.5GB vram usage on current cards, so will be interesting to see if I get any stutter of any kind on the 980 ti's...

Don't have very much I can do comparisons of, as not a lot installed currently. Will do a heaven bench tonight, Firestrike bench, and I believe DAI has an in-built, so can do that.

Other games installed:
FC4, Beyond Earth, Witcher 3, Advanced warfare.

Do any of those have benches built in?

Associate
Be interesting to compare Dragon Age on these in SLI against 3 x 290X 8GB, with everything maxed.

According to overlay can get up to 6.5GB vram usage on current cards, so will be interesting to see if I get any stutter of any kind on the 980 ti's...

Don't have very much I can do comparisons of, as not a lot installed currently. Will do a heaven bench tonight, Firestrike bench, and I believe DAI has an in-built, so can do that.

Other games installed:
FC4, Beyond Earth, Witcher 3, Advanced warfare.

Do any of those have benches built in?

FC4 defo doesn't. What resolution do you play at?

EDIT: NVM just saw your monitor.

Soldato
Good stuff. Out of curiosity what settings can you apply in Dragon Age Inquisition whilst maintaining a rock solid 60 FPS?

On my Titan X at 1350mhz I could do everything maxed, MSAA turned off, and resolution scaling lowered to 90%. That gave me 60 FPS even in intense fights.

Ive maxed absolutely everything with the exception of MSAA which is turned off. Now my testing in Dragon Age has only been inside the big keep you get half way through the game. Seems like a brutal place considering my old 780 lightning would throw up whenever i tried 3440x1440.. I dont know if there are any worse places performance wise.

Back
Top Bottom