• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
I have ordered a MSI gaming gtx 980 ti as well and when I saw the ETA I think I just looked for alternatives to buy that were already out, then shortly after losing my mind I realised it was better to be patient and be happy. I mean, end of the day in two months you'll forget about this whole fiasco and be saving for Pascal or posting on forums about the next thing around the corner like that new gaming mouse you ordered.

At least, that's what we should all be thinking.....I want my card!!

hope all with their cards have received better than they expected.

Associate
Still no dispatch email. If this order falls through it will be third time :(

Unlucky mate, They can only dispatch when they're in stock but I know how annoying it feels.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this card performs though, will throw a 3rd party cooler on the card and overclock it :D:D:D

Caporegime
Still no dispatch email. If this order falls through it will be third time :(

Same here, but I gather said company ships pretty late (the MSI for instance is saying you have another 5 hours to order for delivery tomorrow)

edit - Did you have a 'we have taken your money' email too?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have ordered a MSI gaming gtx 980 ti as well and when I saw the ETA I think I just looked for alternatives to buy that were already out, then shortly after losing my mind I realised it was better to be patient and be happy. I mean, end of the day in two months you'll forget about this whole fiasco and be saving for Pascal or posting on forums about the next thing around the corner like that new gaming mouse you ordered.

At least, that's what we should all be thinking.....I want my card!!

hope all with their cards have received better than they expected.

Think you made a good choice. If I was buying a 980Ti now, that would be the model I'd go for.

Associate
Think you made a good choice. If I was buying a 980Ti now, that would be the model I'd go for.

I thought so too, I would wait longer for alternatives but the price seems good and it more than suits my needs.

Mmmmmmmm, might cancel my 980ti order...

Intel HD 4000 gpu is just mind bogglingly good!

I looked at this at first wondering if it was some announcement on a new card. I bought a whole new build when this card (980TI) was released now the pieces are all sitting at home until the GPU arrives. It's hard work restraining myself from just opening everything and taking a look. I swear this wait is harder then when I was a child on Christmas Eve (strange metaphor but I feel it captures the anticipation.)

Last edited:
Associate
Arg, so not fair. At half four today I received an email to say my EVGA Reference is ready to collect (I work 2 miles from the ocuk shop), but by that time I had already left work to collect my kids.

Now I have to wait till tomorrow to collect at lunch then sit there and stare it while the rest of the day ticks by. *bangs head on desk*

Shows the support guys have no clue what is going on, I sent a web note last night asking for an ETA on the 980ti and another item that was out of stock, they replied that they have no eta on stock on either item. But low and behold my order was completed a couple of hours later. *face palm*

Man of Honour
OP
Sign me up Kaap :)

Stuck it in a spoiler cause holy cow big image

5JNhQ2s.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Reference, RyanF, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make Reference, roozor, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make EVGA SC ACX, perosus, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make Reference, ZombieDescartes, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make Reference, Techen, Link, Date 08/06/2015
Make Reference, Rap1D, Link, Date 06/06/2015
Make Reference, khemist, Link, Date 06/06/2015
Make EVGA SC Ref, ciggybumly, Link, Date 05/06/2015
Make EVGA SC Ref, N19h7m4r3, Link, Date 04/06/2015
Make Reference, queeg, Link, Date 04/06/2015
Make Reference, abaddon, Link, Date 03/06/2015
Make Reference, Volv, Link, Date 03/06/2015
Make Reference, Larcwide, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, a66as, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Angst, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, RichardH754, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Phixsator, Link, Date 01/06/2015
Make Reference, Tommy_Here, Link, Date 01/06/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your 980 Ti.​

Soldato
Seems OCUK have Gigabyte, Zotac and Asus cards in stock right now.

Seen three places offering pre orders on the EVGA Reference for £550. That's good, by the time I'm ready to order maybe a few more will too!

Last edited:
Associate
I have ordered a MSI gaming gtx 980 ti as well and when I saw the ETA I think I just looked for alternatives to buy that were already out, then shortly after losing my mind I realised it was better to be patient and be happy.

Yeah it's a bit lame when you see models with "in stock" prices going more expensive than a custom PCB card with +200 OC mode out of the box, big low rpm fans, cooler running and a better warranty than some brands too. For £50 more and a bit of patience my Hybrid should run up to 30c less at load and be silent.

Associate
MSI 980 Ti gaming edition seems to be clocked pretty high compared to the rest. Zotac extreme amplified even higher, although I have no experience with Zotac as a brand.
Anyone looking out as well for EVGA 980 Ti classified?

PS: Whats with all the bags of Haribo with every 980 Ti picture lol. O_o

Associate
MSI 980 Ti gaming edition seems to be clocked pretty high compared to the rest. Zotac extreme amplified even higher, although I have no experience with Zotac as a brand.
Anyone looking out as well for EVGA 980 Ti classified?

PS: Whats with all the bags of Haribo with every 980 Ti picture lol. O_o

Doesn't matter on the overclock out of the box, seems every 980 TI is reaching at least +200mhz

Soldato
Same here, but I gather said company ships pretty late (the MSI for instance is saying you have another 5 hours to order for delivery tomorrow)

edit - Did you have a 'we have taken your money' email too?

Yeah, did get notifcation payment went, and that it should be going through warehouse for dispatch.

Fingers, toes, and bits crossed!

Associate
Doesn't matter on the overclock out of the box, seems every 980 TI is reaching at least +200mhz

It's nice for some people to just have a hassle free stock Titan X beating speed out of the box. Not everbody is adept at OCing. Still have some users unsure of how boost clocks and the like works now and again. They can have peace of mind that it's built to use +200 all day and potentially run cooler and quieter as a bonus than reference models.

Soldato
Hoorah, Second GPU came.

20150609_1922450.jpg

20150609_192932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom