• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
You are very welcome ,
Im buying one on Tues 16/06 when stock lands and cannot wait :)

I've had mine on pre-order for a bit and I am just waiting on delivery so I hope OcUK get a Monday dispatch and delivery by Tuesday but I don't have high hopes. I'm surprised by my own impatience.

No worries bud.

If it helps, I had a reference cooled 560ti before the 780 and my god did it whine when the fan spun up.

Fingers crossed we all get our cards, and I can personally get this absolute turdblossom of a situation with OcUK behind me haha.

I just hope my PSU helps with whine to some degree or my case (define R5) softens the noise to some degree. To my understanding I plan to game and the fans won't spin on most occasions when I'm not so I'm sure whatever sound is produced will hopefully not be noticeable. I suppose at a £620 price point you just expect a great product, hopefully all our expectations are met.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get a prompt delivery.

Soldato
I just hope my PSU helps with whine to some degree or my case (define R5) softens the noise to some degree. To my understanding I plan to game and the fans won't spin on most occasions when I'm not so I'm sure whatever sound is produced will hopefully not be noticeable. I suppose at a £620 price point you just expect a great product, hopefully all our expectations are met.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get a prompt delivery.

Ahhh, good call, I have a XFX XXX 850w PSU, it's a bit over kill if I'm honest but I'm still stubborn in the mind set of over kill is best practise haha.

And thanks chap, me too! As for the guy who cancelled, the Inno3d does look epic in terms of clocks on the memory, but I honestly can't see it having that much of a difference in terms of noise.

Associate
Add me to the list please, this came a few days ago.

eu3pLva.jpgs

Associate
LOL glad you approve!

This card is the nuts though, when gaming on the witcher I OC it to +300 on core clock and +200 on memory at stock volts and it doesn't hit over 74c with an aggressive fan profile.

Soldato
I'd love to know how you guys are getting +300 core without upping voltage.

On my cards (without bios mod) that would be about 1500 core, and I couldn't even get that with upping the volts on standard bios to ~1.24V.

Now on 1500 core with modded bios. Seems stable. Temps get up to 51C in Dragon Age, which does good job of pushing system.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd love to know how you guys are getting +300 core without upping voltage.

On my cards (without bios mod) that would be about 1500 core, and I couldn't even get that with upping the volts on standard bios to ~1.24V.

Now on 1500 core with modded bios. Seems stable. Temps get up to 51C in Dragon Age, which does good job of pushing system.

Mine seems stable enough, I did a few firestrike extreme runs at +200 and +250. they seemed to go through ok so I just kept upping core clock by 20 each time I've been playing a game. I've stopped upping the core clock now but I think I may be able to go a little higher as it seems very stable.

Soldato
He's got every right to whine..he ordered a £600 card that was ETA'd for the 3rd of june...

He he, what does ETA mean ? :D
I can understand frustration being told one thing and not getting it but this is what pre-order is all about. Doesnt matter whether its a £600 graphics card or a £60000 car always has been that pre-order is subject to estimated stock delivery. Manufacturers put back dates often due to unforseen circumstances like shipment (ie over seas) delays, customs issues etc. Quite often retailers dont get the message that its been delayed till its too late then they are made to look like liars due to no fault of their own. Pre-order is a game, play the game. Internal departments get told they have stock on this day but then dont get told when its changed.

Never ever seen so much impatience and fuss over a graphics card before on these of forums.
Says a lot for AMD when the delivery of the 980ti seems to be more anticipated than the 3xx series.

Last edited:
Associate
Ahhh, good call, I have a XFX XXX 850w PSU, it's a bit over kill if I'm honest but I'm still stubborn in the mind set of over kill is best practise haha.

And thanks chap, me too! As for the guy who cancelled, the Inno3d does look epic in terms of clocks on the memory, but I honestly can't see it having that much of a difference in terms of noise.

Mine is a 750W EVGA which is overkill for me too haha, same philosophy. I am just installing different games in preperation for the card. Pretty excited to give it a good run.

Associate
He he, what does ETA mean ? :D
I can understand frustration being told one thing and not getting it but this is what pre-order is all about. Doesnt matter whether its a £600 graphics card or a £60000 car always has been that pre-order is subject to estimated stock delivery. Manufacturers put back dates often due to unforseen circumstances like shipment (ie over seas) delays, customs issues etc.
Never ever seen so much impatience and fuss over a graphics card before on these of forums.
Says a lot for AMD when the delivery of the 980ti seems to be more anticipated than the 3xx series.

It doesn't help when the store has already taken the money and then proceed to tell the client he's first in the queue while at the same time other people are getting the stock before him.

Associate
It doesn't help when the store has already taken the money and then proceed to tell the client he's first in the queue while at the same time other people are getting the stock before him.

I agree.

I understand everyone's stand on this, of course an ETA is protection for the supplier as well as not misleading the customer into thinking he would get it then. However to my understanding stock had come in and Agnes was told he was first in the queue, it doesn't take a genius to realise he should then be first to receive a card when sent out. Although it is an ETA, if they didn't receive their order then OcUK are certainly not at fault, however the frustration is completely understandable and you, I or Agnes will all admit to being a little over reactive when you are particularly excited about something. Although this is the case he does appear to have been lied to which would be very frustrating. In a few weeks time when people have received their cards they'll probably look back at these posts wondering what all the fuss was about.

Companies have to be careful and probably often get mislead themselves and so you should also judge OcUK on past experiences as well, which for me tended to be very good and in this instance forgive them.

I can personally admit, from what I've seen, I would be relatively frustrated myself.

Last edited:
Associate
yeah, I cancelled my pre-order having seen that, now just tossing up between getting the Inno X3 next week or waiting another month for the MSI Gaming

Andy. Hopefully the other comments directed at that post from me have possibly also caused you to reconsider the cancellation. If not there is also a review on the Inno X3 which appears to slightly contradict that video based on sound. I suppose it goes to show that you never really know until the card is fully released and you have enough reference material.

This is the particular review I am referring to, I am not sure on the validity and hence wouldn't want to dissuade you until you have taken a look personally.

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...-gtx-980-ti-6gb-x3-ultra-im-test.html?start=4

Soldato
I agree.

I understand everyone's stand on this, of course an ETA is protection for the supplier as well as not misleading the customer into thinking he would get it then. However to my understanding stock had come in and Agnes was told he was first in the queue, it doesn't take a genius to realise he should then be first to receive a card when sent out. Although it is an ETA, if they didn't receive their order then OcUK are certainly not at fault, however the frustration is completely understandable and you, I or Agnes will all admit to being a little over reactive when you are particularly excited about something. Although this is the case he does appear to have been lied to which would be very frustrating. In a few weeks time when people have received their cards they'll probably look back at these posts wondering what all the fuss was about.

Companies have to be careful and probably often get mislead themselves and so you should also judge OcUK on past experiences as well, which for me tended to be very good and in this instance forgive them.

I can personally admit, from what I've seen, I would be relatively frustrated myself.

Aye, we all know what ETA stands for, so take it with a pinch of salt, as I have done the entire time. What I don't stand for is false promise. Being 1st, confirmation from multiple peers (EVGA rep, OcUK CS, Gibbo....) that stock WILL be in, and has indeed come in.

If someone were to ask me about the situation over a cup of tea, I'd be much more relax about it and brush it off and giggle.

But hey, I'm behind a keyboard and on the vendors forum. So yes, I will pipe up haha.

I know as well as everyone we will all likely have our orders filled in before the end of the month. But if OcUK would have just been honest and informative. Then I wouldn't be complaining like a 7 year old school girl who isn't going to Disney Land due to being grounded.

Soldato
Hmmm, don't know ho many times I was told mgpu was just broken in Advanced Warfare when mentioning it in AMD driver thread.

Just had a go, all maxed, no issues...

Soldato
Andy. Hopefully the other comments directed at that post from me have possibly also caused you to reconsider the cancellation. If not there is also a review on the Inno X3 which appears to slightly contradict that video based on sound. I suppose it goes to show that you never really know until the card is fully released and you have enough reference material.

This is the particular review I am referring to, I am not sure on the validity and hence wouldn't want to dissuade you until you have taken a look personally.

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...-gtx-980-ti-6gb-x3-ultra-im-test.html?start=4

it wasn't so much the volume as the whiny-ness of the Gigabyte and it does seem to have the smallest fans of any of the aftermarket cards, I was edging towards the MSI Gaming because of price and free game anyway, I actually cancelled my MSI preorder to get the G1 from elsewhere so if anything I'll just be switching back to my original plan

Associate
it wasn't so much the volume as the whiny-ness of the Gigabyte and it does seem to have the smallest fans of any of the aftermarket cards, I was edging towards the MSI Gaming because of price and free game anyway, I actually cancelled my MSI preorder to get the G1 from elsewhere so if anything I'll just be switching back to my original plan

Ah right I see your point, if it matters to anyone else although Batman isn't mentioned on the Gigabyte page you still get it (I asked support so I hope that's a good source.) Best of luck with your purchase Andy, hope it's what you're hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom