• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
ooo same here for my hybrid!

Does that mean the order is being picked?

I'm told I'm first in the queue but my order status has not changed!

4th according to CS, ordered: Order Date: 1 Jun, 15, 3:02 pm

Order Status: In our warehouse queue

EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Hybrid 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (06G-P4-1996-KR)

Enjoy the new cards everyone!

Associate
Looks like everyone's getting their cards :D

Me included :cool:

ACX_zpsnkmrxenn.jpg

Put me on the roll of honor please Kaap.

Associate
59th here so I'm waiting a few more days, but hopefully it works out since I'm also waiting to see if this new shipment of Acer XB270HU monitors comes in too so I can enjoy everything running at 1440p :D (and hopefully this batch is improved over the first lot that seemed to have some QC issues, just waiting on an update on them from CS).

Associate
Congrats Agnes and the rest! That was nice of OC to honour your original position like that.

Personally I've decided to stick with the G1 so hopefully it will be here by Wednesday (the extra day wait is killer though!) and can see this noise stuff for real. I honestly suspect that video isn't entirely accurate in reality along with 100% fan usage being uncommon.

Soldato
Steam after you get the code from nVidia's redeem site.

Ahhh, so I go onto the Nvidia site with the code OcUK provided then they give me the Steam key? Cool, if so, I'll do it at lunch.

Congrats Agnes and the rest! That was nice of OC to honour your original position like that.

Personally I've decided to stick with the G1 so hopefully it will be here by Wednesday (the extra day wait is killer though!) and can see this noise stuff for real. I honestly suspect that video isn't entirely accurate in reality along with 100% fan usage being uncommon.

Yea, very good. I've given them a hard time but ultimately, just a mixup and I'm the prat at the end of the day.

I'd like to see your thoughts on the G1, I'm really anxious that I've not made the right choice lol. Having had multiple Windforce coolers previously.

Soldato

Yeah, very interested to see how you get on in regards % and annoyance factor

Associate

While I don't think the fans were at 100% in that scary video, I think it's a given it will be less noisy than that in a normal case environment. Noise is a lot less of a problem with the Windforce coolers as well when they are in single card operation.

Things can be very different with 2 open air coolers heating each other up though. Setter might have more knowledge of how they are in that sort of situation as I've never used dual GPU unless on one PCB. I've gone for the Twin Frozr and if I do go SLI with 4K I would be inclined to team it up with the Hybrid cooler from the MSI/Corsair collaboration.

Last edited:
Associate
It's pretty crazy how that one review on Guru3D had everyone ecstatic about the G1 and that single German video I linked now has the web in panic mode ("should I get ACX or G1!?!?!?" topics all over). I'll post my results when it arrives. My case is fairly airy and has 4 fans already so I'm hopeful.

My experience of single Windforce in the past has only been positive so fingers crossed. If it blows (... no pun) I'd probably look to the MSI in July.

Back
Top Bottom