• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
2 x EVGA 980Ti SC ACX watercooled with Titan waterblock(yes...had to get ACX version as reference one was not in stock)
IMGGUR Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/FimcL

Direct pics
ULpXV0t.jpg

jwmftOF.jpg

FimcL

Last edited:
Soldato
No, if you read every other GTX 980Ti reference review you will see that nVidia set the target temperature to 84 degrees celcius to get the max performance out of GPU Boost 2.0.

You have 3 reference cooler cards in SLI now right? Please let me know what max temps are like while gaming and during Firestrike.

Still not made up my mind on getting a 3rd card.

Also some FPS number for Witcher 3 at 1440p Ultra with Hairworks would be much appreciated.

Edit: That cable braiding on the PCIe cables look nice. I'm still annoyed the EVGA Supernovas come with red PCIe cables :(

Associate
You have 3 reference cooler cards in SLI now right? Please let me know what max temps are like while gaming and during Firestrike.

Still not made up my mind on getting a 3rd card.

Also some FPS number for Witcher 3 at 1440p Ultra with Hairworks would be much appreciated.

Edit: That cable braiding on the PCIe cables look nice. I'm still annoyed the EVGA Supernovas come with red PCIe cables :(

The cards run at the set target temperature as set by nVidia to 84 degrees celcius. That's the hottest they get during gaming and Unigine Heaven 4.0 loop. In 3Dmark Fire Strike (Extreme and Ultra 4K) they run cooler.
I have them overclocked from 1000@1250MHz GPU (base clock) and 1753@1945MHz Vram.

Soldato
Have another look mate.

1600W G2/P2/T2 Black Additional Power Supply Cable Set (Individually Sleeved)

• 2 x 6+2pin PCI-E VGA Cables
  • 1 x 6+2pin + 6pin PCI-E VGA Cables
  • 1 x 3 Molex Cable
$29

You're looking at the US site, not the EU one.

No point in ordering from the US only to have Irish customs bend me over.
They recently charged my old man 90% the value of a Dell laptop battery that was shipped from Hong Kong direct from a UK seller.

Guess on the bright side when I get a better PSU it'll come with black cables :p

The cards run at the set target temperature as set by nVidia to 84 degrees celcius. That's the hottest they get during gaming and Unigine Heaven 4.0 loop. In 3Dmark Fire Strike (Extreme and Ultra 4K) they run cooler.
I have them overclocked from 1000@1250MHz GPU (base clock) and 1753@1945MHz Vram.

That's pretty darn nice for Tri-SLI. No issues with the boost clock dropping then?

Seems I'll likely get a new PSU and 3rd 980Ti sooner than expected so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom