• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**AMD Fiji Thread**

Soldato
If there is only 30,000 globally of these for launch I imagine they will be price inflated to the max and sell out within minutes. 30,000 is really not very many for a World wide launch....

Good luck to all those trying to buy....

Soldato
Yep all the nvidia peeps saying ohh look the Fury x needs water cooling because it runs mega hot so it needs water cooling to stay cool.
sub 40 while gaming is impressive for AIO to say the least even on 16% fan speed too.
I'm glad AMD went in this direction tbh! Now i can vent all that warm air out of the case instead now and keep the card much cooler and also keep things quieter. Win Win! I guess they took onboard all that crap and flak they took from the 290x reference.

Caporegime
Just been thinking, save having to squeeze it in the rear (oohh err again :p), i may just put it at the bottom, but reversing the fan, so that it pulls up into the case, and then out through the top, like this :-

Rad_Bottom.jpg

Soldato
Just been thinking, save having to squeeze it in the rear (oohh err again :p), i may just put it at the bottom, but reversing the fan, so that it pulls up into the case, and then out through the top, like this :-

Can't see any benefit in mounting it that way. I'd sooner the hot air exhaust straight out of the case. Your way is venting hotter air over the CPU.

Soldato
I'll let others test the waters with the fury. I still might go for the nano, or possibly the Ti if it comes down in price. It's certainly going to be an interesting period over the next few weeks.:cool:

Caporegime
Can't see any benefit in mounting it that way. I'd sooner the hot air exhaust straight out of the case. Your way is venting hotter air over the CPU.

Yeah thats true, may be better at the rear, unless it'll be fine at the bottom, but with the fan not reversed, so it blows down and out, just its sitting on a pretty thick carpet.

EDIT: would it really make that much difference to my CPU temps though, as ive got an NH-D15, so my CPU temps are pretty low anyway ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom