• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**AMD Fiji Thread**

Soldato
OP
q_T96_P.gif

Soldato
Quote:
As above, it should be compared to the G1. That's what I'm comparing it to given that I'm in the market to purchase.

That said, I'm comparing a £549 Fury X (excluding the price premium of today) to a £630 G1 so that monetary difference should equate to some sort of performance difference. Quite how much though?

If we get concrete information about overclocking potential - which we won't - that would be a big help in making a decision. I really want to end up buying a Fury X but if the performance against a G1 doesn't suit me, I have to go with the sensible option.
I seem to be in the exact same position as yourself tbh - g1 or furyX is what I've narrowed it down to - so lets see.

Yep same as both of you too...

if you are going to be waiting on "normal" FuryX pricing, you may as well wait on additional 980ti reviews and pricing as well

the Amp Extreme for example comes out of the box at 1355mhz boost so will boost higher than a stock G1 and is available at less than the G1, and has 3 90mm fans instead of 3 75mm fans

Associate
I own a 290x Gigabyte 3x Windforce currently, hold no preference for either Nvidia or AMD. I simply purchase whatever represents the best value at the time, normally waiting for deals to spring up.

For example; I original purchased a 780Ti which was on offer, then somebody offered me a 290x + a very good amount of cash on top.. Made no sense to keep the 780Ti when somebody was offering so much.

For me, the AMD Fury X has to beat the Titan X consistently across benchmarks - if it's level with the 980Ti and i had to buy today... I'd go with the 980Ti, mainly as the drivers are more mature and as always with a new GPU it takes a while till either manufacture irons out the kinks.

Thankfully i'm in no rush :). Looking forward to the Guru3D review...

Back
Top Bottom