• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
I'll be using either 15.15 or the 15.20 drivers from Guru3D. There is not much difference between them, 15.15 is just an earlier, more stable version of 15.20.

Are those includes the upgrades as the modded W10 drivers? That is what interests me.
Looking forward to see the user reviews!

Soldato
oooooo... shiny!!

And if you feel like 4 are just too many, let me know ;) lol

EDIT: On a more serious note, I'd love to see the benches, and frame times, min frames etc. Looking forward to your test results.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let the games begin.

402nipB.jpg

Typo on the box. :D

Looks great I guess drivers wont be ready for quad runs yet?

Future belongs to amd
243i3y8.jpg

Associate
Well looks like my order cannot be fullfiled (even though I ordered at 13:02 and while the card was showing "in stock") so my dilemma is solved. Order cancelled and will be waiting for the more reasonably priced one to arrive in July.

Last edited:
Caporegime
One at a time, slow and steady. First thoughts, the fan sounds pretty damn quiet at 100%. :eek:

Forgive the cable management (or lack of) I prepped the rig for 4x Fury X without having to remove the back of the case, so it's a mess atm.

2jg9cw1.jpg

2w49roy.jpg

Associate
Glad to hear it, Mat. :cool:

Not sure it is ruined. Its not a bad product and it is innovative But you cannot deny that it perhaps didnt meet peoples expectations in general. Whose fault that is doesnt really matter. The thread is the way it is becauses peoples expectations were higher than what we see in reality. If you can show a single fury x consistantly beating a 980ti which was the expectation then i am sure the tone of the thread will change. Everyone wanted AMD to do this but according to the reviews it didnt quite pull it off. If you can prove otherwise then please do Matt. 4 furys in crossfire results are not that meaningful to the average buyer. Most will buy just 1 card so thats where you need to show us the results. People are not angry at AMD they just hoped for better for them. I know i did.

I hope drivers can change the situation for the fury to bring it above a 980ti but as admitted by Huddy and well known AMD doesnt have a glowing track record for meeting expectations on driver releases either so that argument doesnt fill people with confidence.

Confidence in AMD products is at an all time low in the enthusiast space perhaps due to people having high expectations but only AMD can change that. Either manage peoples expectations in advance or make sure you exceed them. This is the result otherwise. People are disappointed and most people see no reason to choose a fury x over a 980ti. I wish the opposite was true I really do. I like innovation and competition its good for consumer. A card just having hbm if there isnt tangible performance upgrades vs the competition will not sell cards.

Perhaps the fury x should have been pitched at the 980 non ti price point. That would have made more sense. 4gb of memory each but better performance on the fury x. Now you would choose the fury if you were in that price bracket.

Either way enjoy the cards for what they are, innovative but second place products In performance terms. I sincerely hope this changes

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty blocks. Both XSPC and EK have had their good and bad days. I expect some beautiful blocks to be coming from Heatkiller, they seem to pump out some of the best looking blocks even if they do weigh a ton.

I have heard max operating themp for these cards are 75 degrees?

Not really an issue considering their cooler but surely the max operating temp should be higher? Maybe they need to keep the core cool to help the memory keep cool and stable. All well and good saying the memory should be cooler because it is less power hungry but lets not forget that the memory is now touching a pretty toasty chip.

Back
Top Bottom