• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
The pump was supposedly fixed for retail boards, not really sure how they could manage that as it was only reported by reviewers when they got their samples, and by that time the retail boards had already been sent. Unless amd already had a fix in the works.

Soldato
Not sure it is ruined. Its not a bad product and it is innovative But you cannot deny that it perhaps didnt meet peoples expectations in general. Whose fault that is doesnt really matter. The thread is the way it is becauses peoples expectations were higher than what we see in reality. If you can show a single fury x consistantly beating a 980ti which was the expectation then i am sure the tone of the thread will change. Everyone wanted AMD to do this but according to the reviews it didnt quite pull it off. If you can prove otherwise then please do Matt. 4 furys in crossfire results are not that meaningful to the average buyer. Most will buy just 1 card so thats where you need to show us the results. People are not angry at AMD they just hoped for better for them. I know i did.

I hope drivers can change the situation for the fury to bring it above a 980ti but as admitted by Huddy and well known AMD doesnt have a glowing track record for meeting expectations on driver releases either so that argument doesnt fill people with confidence.

Confidence in AMD products is at an all time low in the enthusiast space perhaps due to people having high expectations but only AMD can change that. Either manage peoples expectations in advance or make sure you exceed them. This is the result otherwise. People are disappointed and most people see no reason to choose a fury x over a 980ti. I wish the opposite was true I really do. I like innovation and competition its good for consumer. A card just having hbm if there isnt tangible performance upgrades vs the competition will not sell cards.

Perhaps the fury x should have been pitched at the 980 non ti price point. That would have made more sense. 4gb of memory each but better performance on the fury x. Now you would choose the fury if you were in that price bracket.

Either way enjoy the cards for what they are, innovative but second place products In performance terms. I sincerely hope this changes

Are you aware this is the FuryX owners thread? Not the 'take the **** out of AMD' thread? Go post your thoughts in the review or general Fury thread.

Back
Top Bottom