• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Doesn't work at all now! Just plugged it back in and booted up. Gets to the "Beep" then GTX light goes off on side of card and then nothing

Try some basic stuff, take out the power lead, press and hold the power button for 10 secs, check the card in the socket (usually i take out the card, i clean the interface too) lead back and turn it on, if still not works then customer support...:mad:

Associate
My EVGA Superclocked just arrived at work, ordered yesterday lunchtime :D Longest day ever waiting until I can get home and install this bad boy. Will post pic.

IMAG0247.jpg

I've got exactly the opposite problem with mine, I'm at home now but it's not being delivered until between 5.30 & 6.30..damn i got bad luck with my dpd route allocation today :(

OcUK Staff
This is hard to understand, there are clearly plenty of 980ti PCBs and chips out there. There are also clearly a great number of AIO cooler solutions out there. Not sure what's difficult about manufacturing these...they are able to do it for the Titan X Hybrid and 980 Hybrid.

Seems like some one at EVGA got their economics wrong and is focussing on other cards where margins are better...I expect a big price jump similar to the Hyrdo Copper card because as it stands today the 980ti Hybrid performs similar/better than a G1, is quieter than a G1 and runs cooler plus it includes a AOI cooling loop.

Hope it does ship today and Gibbo's info proves to be incorrect.

/frustrated

I wish I was incorrect, it is also becoming infuriating for ourselves, because we've ordered so many from EVGA but being delivered such a small amount. it is also annoying for me when I see EVGA show stock, when they know there is customers here waiting.

I hope in the next week or so things greatly improve because managing our backorders should be a priority for them, because they are losing customers to other brands in stock, which is never good for them or their brand.

Leaves a bad taste in the customers mouth.

Ben assures me he is doing everything for us, so keeping fingers crossed. :)

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, would you be able to let us know when you know for certain that the G1's will/wont arrive today? If it looks like they won't, i'd like to change to the order so I don't end up waiting too long.

Couriers say in transit and due with us today.

Unfortunately we've only got about 30 cards spare, if you want one pre-order for sure as I think they will sell out within an hour.

Associate
I wish I was incorrect, it is also becoming infuriating for ourselves, because we've ordered so many from EVGA but being delivered such a small amount. it is also annoying for me when I see EVGA show stock, when they know there is customers here waiting.

I hope in the next week or so things greatly improve because managing our backorders should be a priority for them, because they are losing customers to other brands in stock, which is never good for them or their brand.

It does, cancelled my SLI order :(

Caporegime

Agreed man, it's not like the G1 and MSI Gaming cards aren't a great option!!! They'll be cleaning up whilst eVGA will be giving dribs and drabs. Bet those MSI cards are nearly gone too :eek::eek::eek: :cool:

OcUK Staff
Agreed man, it's not like the G1 and MSI Gaming cards aren't a great option!!! They'll be cleaning up whilst eVGA will be giving dribs and drabs. Bet those MSI cards are nearly gone too :eek::eek::eek: :cool:

Yes they have lost a load of orders to Gigabyte and MSI, people don't want to wait and I can't blame them really.

Associate
Yes they have lost a load of orders to Gigabyte and MSI, people don't want to wait and I can't blame them really.

Hi guys

Sorry I do travel a lot with work and not always able to keep the forums up to date.

A few points for you all.

1) We have shipped strong numbers of our ACX cards to the market, infact we were first to hit the market with these cards before all competitors and fulfill all the backorders we had with OCUK first before all other AIBs. These cards are always the first priority for us to bring to market as is the mass market and 80% of consumers interested in these cards.
2) The Hybrid cards are a different kettle of fish, yes you can be critical of us for launching a card before we had strong stocks confirmed and I accept this but I wanted to make you all aware of what was coming. We have been surprised by the level of demand, so sourcing the components needed to make the number of units has taken time. We are now producing the cards as quickly as possible to meet this demand.
3) I alone control all EVGA allocations for all of Europe and so release stocks on a fair basis to all countries and the EVGA online store. I can assure you just 2 units were make available on EVGA.com this week and more units than this were sent to OCUK.
4) OCUK are one of our top 8 etailors across Europe and so receive very strong stocks based on this for what we receive in Europe.

As soon as I receive a further update on incoming Hybrid cards this week I will update further over the weekend or Monday.

Thanks and I can but apologise again for the delays.

Ben

Associate
Hi guys

Sorry I do travel a lot with work and not always able to keep the forums up to date.

A few points for you all.

1) We have shipped strong numbers of our ACX cards to the market, infact we were first to hit the market with these cards before all competitors and fulfill all the backorders we had with OCUK first before all other AIBs. These cards are always the first priority for us to bring to market as is the mass market and 80% of consumers interested in these cards.
2) The Hybrid cards are a different kettle of fish, yes you can be critical of us for launching a card before we had strong stocks confirmed and I accept this but I wanted to make you all aware of what was coming. We have been surprised by the level of demand, so sourcing the components needed to make the number of units has taken time. We are now producing the cards as quickly as possible to meet this demand.
3) I alone control all EVGA allocations for all of Europe and so release stocks on a fair basis to all countries and the EVGA online store. I can assure you just 2 units were make available on EVGA.com this week and more units than this were sent to OCUK.
4) OCUK are one of our top 8 etailors across Europe and so receive very strong stocks based on this for what we receive in Europe.

As soon as I receive a further update on incoming Hybrid cards this week I will update further over the weekend or Monday.

Thanks and I can but apologise again for the delays.

Ben

So how many hybrids in total have been sent to OCUK?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom