• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 980ti for watercooling

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I bought an OCUK reference 980 ti from a Zotac 980 ti AMP and I am seeing better overclocking with the OCUK one.

MY OCUK ref is currently top of the Heaven and Valley threads and has the highest gfx score in the Firestrike standard thread :)

1595core / 8316 mem

Soldato
I was going to get a reference card but with the Zotac being £500 and having a backplate too I thought why not.

I see they say they can void the warranty on it if you remove or change the cooler. I'd love to know how they will know if you've done it.

I can get a speeding ticket if I speed but only if someone/something notices.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for making this thread martos, I'm in the exact same boat (7970 cf too) and I've been struggling to decide which cards, I've been going back and forth between reference and factory overclocked cards with custom coolers.

Amigafan thanks for posting, you've made me look again at OCUK reference card, especially that it's down to £509.99. I might have to wait until the end of the this week only offer and decide somehow :p

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Thanks for making this thread martos, I'm in the exact same boat (7970 cf too) and I've been struggling to decide which cards, I've been going back and forth between reference and factory overclocked cards with custom coolers.

Amigafan thanks for posting, you've made me look again at OCUK reference card, especially that it's down to £509.99. I might have to wait until the end of the this week only offer and decide somehow :p

All the ref cards are built by Nvidia so it's just the warranty and "can you replace the HSF without voiding the warranty" that needs considering.

Soldato
Doesn't make much sense seeing as they do it with their own cards for the Tech Labs series, oh well :rolleyes:

I wont quote the exact reply but i was told removing it yourself voids the warrenty but when OCUK do it for there tech labs cards they take the hit over the warrenty from the manufacturer of its not accepted

Associate
Argument for getting a non-reference cooler (assuming the pcb is reference design):
If you intend to sell the cards once you upgrade later on, you might have an easier time getting a card sold if it have a better (than reference) cooler.

Associate
Argument for getting a non-reference cooler (assuming the pcb is reference design):
If you intend to sell the cards once you upgrade later on, you might have an easier time getting a card sold if it have a better (than reference) cooler.

Most (at a guess) people would be adding a second for SLI, Ref would better

Back
Top Bottom