• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Yea ideally I'd like at least 40 something.

I do think a Crossfire Fury X setup will run a lot cooler etc than 2 ti's though if I went that route.

Thanks for the res info too I've read lots of different comparisons to what 5760 is. Some said half of 4k, 2 thirds, 3 quarters!

Its a difficult decision either way.
I run a 5m pixel setup myself.
Plan to upgrade it and then it starts hit up to 8m pixels which is 4k territory.
Lucky for me I play rpg or such games with Bf4 or such now and then .
can do with a single card with setting adjusted.

wished there was some info on fury 2 but amd are tighter than a nut on a bolt.

Associate
Yea feared so :(

But would a new cpu give me much of an fps boost?

I have no idea what the boost would be, but haswells of today at 4+ghz would most likely remove the bottlenecks.
Either way, GTA V at such resolutions is not an easy game to render, especially if you touch some of the more problematic graphics settings ;)

Associate
Its a difficult decision either way.
I run a 5m pixel setup myself.
Plan to upgrade it and then it starts hit up to 8m pixels which is 4k territory.
Lucky for me I play rpg or such games with Bf4 or such now and then .
can do with a single card with setting adjusted.

wished there was some info on fury 2 but amd are tighter than a nut on a bolt.

BF4 seems to run great at this res on ultra think I was avg 46 which is good enough for me

I have no idea what the boost would be, but haswells of today at 4+ghz would most likely remove the bottlenecks.
Either way, GTA V at such resolutions is not an easy game to render, especially if you touch some of the more problematic graphics settings ;)

Yep them advanced ones seem to be a killer. Im a little worried about the 4gb limit and the fact I still cant really use MSAA :D

Associate
No really as you scale the resolutions your GPU bound more than CPU.

yeah, but you still need a strong CPU to feed the GPU, especially when you have AMD drivers like this ;)
Why is no one ever bench or use FX 8350s with titans or 980tis or furys? Essentially that cpu is as strong or stronger than 2600k.

Associate
I find it odd how my 2x280X crossfire beat a Fury X :/ when this card is supposed to beat or almost compare with a 295x2

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1247268 < fire strike 1.1

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5148552 < fire strike extreme 1.1

So an upgrade to a Fury X wouldn't be an upgrade at all imo with my current setup. Infact, going on these figures I maybe better off missing the next cards too! Am I wrong ?

do you run fire strike as an afterschool activity and past time?

Associate
I find it odd how my 2x280X crossfire beat a Fury X :/ when this card is supposed to beat or almost compare with a 295x2

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1247268 < fire strike 1.1

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5148552 < fire strike extreme 1.1

So an upgrade to a Fury X wouldn't be an upgrade at all imo with my current setup. Infact, going on these figures I maybe better off missing the next cards too! Am I wrong ?

A single card solution will almost always be better if near same performance. Minimum fps is a huge issue with crossfired cards and scaling can sometimes be non existent for some games. I don't think benchmarking tools like fire strike show the flaws in crossfired solutions.

Soldato
Sooo... collected my Sapphire Fury X earlier and it's now in my machine, only had it running for a little while so can't really say to much about it yet, part from I might need to get some new case fans that is quieter then those I'm having now.
Since that's the only sound I can hear from it. :D

Some pictures for you in the spoilers.

Not done a massive comparison but did run Fire Strike on my previous R9 290 Vapor-X yesterday and the Fury today, score was as follow:

Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X
Score: 9660
Graphics Score: 11324
Physics Score: 11032
Combined Score: 4221
Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5244671

Sapphire Fury X
Score: 12754
Graphics Score: 15663
Physics Score: 10979
Combined Score: 5933
Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7556870

This is on the latest AMD drivers for each card and on an all stock machine consisting of:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Intel Z97
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell)
SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold"
Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair Hydro H100i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Samsung LS34E790C 34'' 21:9 Monitor 3440 x 1440 resolution

Rather happy with the improved performance that showing from the Fire Strike Benchmark but will see how things works when playing games later on when I have time to spare. :)

Associate
Sooo... collected my Sapphire Fury X earlier and it's now in my machine, only had it running for a little while so can't really say to much about it yet, part from I might need to get some new case fans that is quieter then those I'm having now.
Since that's the only sound I can hear from it. :D

Some pictures for you in the spoilers.

Not done a massive comparison but did run Fire Strike on my previous R9 290 Vapor-X yesterday and the Fury today, score was as follow:

Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X
Score: 9660
Graphics Score: 11324
Physics Score: 11032
Combined Score: 4221
Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5244671

Sapphire Fury X
Score: 12754
Graphics Score: 15663
Physics Score: 10979
Combined Score: 5933
Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7556870

This is on the latest AMD drivers for each card and on an all stock machine consisting of:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Intel Z97
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell)
SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold"
Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair Hydro H100i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Samsung LS34E790C 34'' 21:9 Monitor 3440 x 1440 resolution

Rather happy with the improved performance that showing from the Fire Strike Benchmark but will see how things works when playing games later on when I have time to spare. :)

nice.
fury x physics score is lower than 290x. I suppose that's immature drivers doing

Soldato
nice.
fury x physics score is lower than 290x. I suppose that's immature drivers doing

Physics is the CPU part of the test having lower results here is either 1. Cpu clock speeds was different in each test or 2. Furyx is more demanding on the cpu, resulting in the cpu not having enough head room to work on physics resulting in lower performance on that part.

Associate
My card is back in its box and I have requested a refund. To be honest I'm not sure I'll be getting another one as I'm still not sure what I will get.

As I really do enjoy the Freesync experience while gaming and I want to keep my monitor I'll stick with AMD but I think I'm going to go for a custom aircooling Fury non-X model.

Soldato
yeah, but you still need a strong CPU to feed the GPU, especially when you have AMD drivers like this ;)
Why is no one ever bench or use FX 8350s with titans or 980tis or furys? Essentially that cpu is as strong or stronger than 2600k.

Dx11 is a mess rely on IPC and single core isnt good for us.

A single card solution will almost always be better if near same performance. Minimum fps is a huge issue with crossfired cards and scaling can sometimes be non existent for some games. I don't think benchmarking tools like fire strike show the flaws in crossfired solutions.

Until dx12 I wont run crossfire unless the game I plays implement solutions and I rather run single cards until then.
Even at higher solutions which is why I am buying a single Fury:).

Associate
I wonder how many people complaining about pump noise just have a poor layout? I have read at least one post in this thread so far about a noisy pump and they had the radiator mounted at the bottom of the case.

All pumps are noisy if they're cavitating.

Back
Top Bottom