• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Caporegime
I don't tend to sit there staring at the insides of my computer and a more flexible card wont bother me too much :D

even if it warps overtime and ends hanging down on one side? could cause card failure :p
think of all the strain on those tiny solder lines

Associate
I just got the 980 Ti G1 from Gigabyte, and I'm annoyed having to use oc-guru software utility in order to customize the LED's color on the card. Then when I reboot, color changes back to default wich is also annoying. I don't like it so far. Is there anything I could do to make it more ''permanent''?

Soldato
I just got the 980 Ti G1 from Gigabyte, and I'm annoyed having to use oc-guru software utility in order to customize the LED's color on the card. Then when I reboot, color changes back to default wich is also annoying. I don't like it so far. Is there anything I could do to make it more ''permanent''?

Gaffa tape

Associate
Is it worth getting a second for SLI on a 2700k at 4.5ghz or is one of these in my case the G1 pushing the limit of this chip?

Jump on Skylake first, then think about SLI.
At least that's what I would do (since you have the money for another card, moving to a newer platform seems a good idea) instead of building on a weak foundation.

Associate
Proud owner of a G1 980ti :

2ihwnsp.jpg

c6dz8.jpg

1zxs5mg.jpg

8w07q8.jpg
(excuse the dusty pc here :O lol)

Associate
Wow! and is that with MSAA and the Advanced Graphics on btw?

Also I know my i7 2600 would bottleneck me, but by how much?
Would I gain more frames getting a new cpu too?

I turn MSAA and all AA off as I don't find it necessary with my PPI, and I leave all the 'Advanced' menu stuff off as it destroys FPS, everything in the normal settings menu is maxed bar AA.

Associate
I turn MSAA and all AA off as I don't find it necessary with my PPI, and I leave all the 'Advanced' menu stuff off as it destroys FPS, everything in the normal settings menu is maxed bar AA.

Thanks for getting back! Yea MSAA and the advanced stuff is a killer.

Basically I've got a Fury X, and while its a great, quite, cool card I'm struggling to keep above 30fps in GTA 5 at 5760x1080, however this is with the advanced settings on and MSAA's at x2 or 4. So was a tad disappointed and thinking of returning it and getting a G1.

I'll go and do some tests with these settings off.

Also I do think my i72600 is holding me back so if I do upgrade and plan on going dual card route, it may be worth keeping the Fury as I think it would be easier to get another in my case, and the supposed benefits of DX12 etc.

Cheers

Caporegime
Is there enough air left in your room after all that intake? :D
lol. Only issue now is, the card is so quiet compared to my last setup. I'm starting to notice just how loud my cpu fans are at idle. Corsair sp pwm 2350 rpm models. All my case fans are on a controller which allows them to be turned off if required. Eliminate one source of noise and up crops another.:D

Associate
Thanks for getting back! Yea MSAA and the advanced stuff is a killer.

Basically I've got a Fury X, and while its a great, quite, cool card I'm struggling to keep above 30fps in GTA 5 at 5760x1080, however this is with the advanced settings on and MSAA's at x2 or 4. So was a tad disappointed and thinking of returning it and getting a G1.

I'll go and do some tests with these settings off.

Also I do think my i72600 is holding me back so if I do upgrade and plan on going dual card route, it may be worth keeping the Fury as I think it would be easier to get another in my case, and the supposed benefits of DX12 etc.

Cheers

I would definitely recommend turning the advanced stuff off as it doesn't add a lot but destroys framerates!

Associate
Is it worth getting a second for SLI on a 2700k at 4.5ghz or is one of these in my case the G1 pushing the limit of this chip?

At 5760x1080 you will be pretty GPU bound so I think you would still see a visible improvement in performance. Might be possible to get a Ivybridge CPU for a bit of a sidegrade but the ability to use PCI 3.0 which could help in SLI

Associate
I would definitely recommend turning the advanced stuff off as it doesn't add a lot but destroys framerates!

Well just had a couple of rampages with them settings you recommended and got an avg 84! and your right not much of a diff in visuals thanks!
Hmmn I might just keep this card and get another when they come down a bit then. Although Im still tempted by one of them G1's

Btw do you have the Witcher 3 or Crysis 3 results I could compare?

Thanks again milky!

Soldato
Hey chaps can I get some insight on this Firestrike score. My friends just got the 980Ti ACX and is only getting a score of 8142.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7567327

Is it his CPU that's bottlenecking it? It's doing worse than the referenced 970 system,

Although once you look at the detailed scores of FireStrike it's doing better than a 970 by 22fps. It does lose to the i5 and 970 system on all the combined tests though.

Associate
An i right thinking ref 980 waterblocks work with ref 980 ti?

Need to do something about the ridiculous sauna environment im gaming in and i dont kjow if i should go full wc to help me out or just buy some macho fan

Back
Top Bottom