• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Seen a lot of peeps saying their G1's and EVGA 980 Ti's have bad coil whine. Then you have loud fan noise under load as well.

Even the hybrid EVGA's have pump noise >>> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28252820&postcount=5230

So pump whine (If you have it) may not be that bad in the scheme of things.

Would be hard pressed to find a perfectly quiet high end GPU. Anything pulling 200+ Watts from the wall is bound to make some kind of noise :p

Soldato
The stickers gone already lol. It's as noisy as most are insinuating it is, but it's hardly intrusive, no louder than the HDD in a SkyBox for example. It's just a pants pump, it's louder than my two D5s in my main build.

Caporegime
My first recording with the Avermedia LGP Lite. No sound but something I can easily sort out and no hit to performance :D A shame it is only able to record 1080P but that will do for now.

Soldato
Think I'm definitely going to wait til the next batch of these come along to see if that pump issue gets sorted, plus also what the fury air cooled comes out like and potentially what the FuryX2 comes out like. I'm in no hurry, I will definitely be getting 2 of them but happy to wait a bit longer to see the full fury family line up.

What started out as just a new monitor and gpu has now turned into new monitor, 2 gpu, new SSD, more ram, new CPU cooler and potentially a new mobo and CPU haha

Caporegime
This was an unorthodox approach to trying to fix it.

That would drive me nuts, i think in that vid you can get a clearer indication of how high pitched it is.

Back
Top Bottom