• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
What sort of temps are you seeing? Am really torn between this card and a Fury X. The more i read about the Ti the more it seems the better option. What are others opinions. One good thing is that the Ti can be had now. The MSI one interests me as it seems to be about the quietest from what i have seen.

With the fan set to a constant 80%, I was seeing 75c. It's hella quiet.

EDIT: Temps are 69c @ 85% with +120Mhz extra on the core clock.

Last edited:
Soldato
What sort of temps should i stay below? I just ran firestrike and was at 83c with 98% fan and was almost silent! :eek:

I want to get overclocking tomorrow if i've got the headroom. Not that i really need it but hey!

Also, someone explain how overclocking works with this boost clock thing? Nvidia is confusing, AMD is much easier.

AANNDDD.. How do i know what my card is boosting too?

Last edited:
Soldato
One last play with the clocks before I try a custom bios. I can run the card stable to 1450mhz with the stock voltage 1.187mv. Fairly surprised at that.

I've been a little supprised by my Zotac Amp similarly. It went to 1420/2025 on stock 1.187 voltage. Refuses to go beyond that though no matter how much mv I add and 100% fans.

Only an ASIC of like 68% though.

Wondering if wc will actually help or if this is its limit. Can't complain either way!

It being 36c here today probably didn't help too much.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Any tackled a custom bios for further overclocks?

Yup. Put one on my ocuk ref card (1.281v, 425w tdp limit) - does 1595core, 8400mem.

No idea if it gave me extra any extra OC as the first thing I did when I got the card was fit a water block and flash it.

Soldato
I've been a little supprised by my Zotac Amp similarly. It went to 1420/2025 on stock 1.187 voltage. Refuses to go beyond that though no matter how much mv I add and 100% fans.

Only an ASIC of like 68% though.

Wondering if wc will actually help or if this is its limit. Can't complain either way!

It being 36c here today probably didn't help too much.

Same asic as mine. Have you tried leaving the memory at stock and just pushing the core?

If Maxwell is anything like Kepler then wc didn't do much for me, yes temps are low and it runs silent but the bios always held you back from pumping more volts through the chip. Fermi was the last gpu I saw benefit from wc on a stock bios.

I guess though the overclocks everyone seem to be getting on these 980Ti's are more than decent enough and not to be sniffed at. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom