• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
User Videos.

AMDMatt playing Doom Vulkan on a Duo.

Installing a Fury X.

If you have any user videos you want to share of the Fury(X) in action please post the link and I will place them here.

You will also need to post the following info please.

The CPU and clockspeed.

The clockspeeds used on the Fury(X).

The resolution being used.

The drivers used.

What the video is about, ie playing Crysis 3 on map X.

Last edited:
Associate
After reading this thread for the past few days and skipping all the childish willy waving rubbish ( which is about 50 pages )

I think I'm still going to get one in a few months, when we've heard or people are satisfied that the pump noise and maybe/ hopefully better drivers are out. This should be a great replacement over my 280x.

What appeals to me is

Low temps ( my 280x is a cooker )
I'm 1080p at the min, but am looking to go 1440p near the end of the year
Having a quiet gpu (lets not go on about pumps)
If dx12 is Jesus reborn then I've space to cross fire and not have to worry about internal case temps.
Looks good.

Associate
Did anyone notice they were using true 4k res, ie 4096 x 2160 and not the UHD 4k that most monitors use. I agree the graph Y axis is a bit suspect!

UHD 4k can be ambiguous for the end user, its not a very clean standard, and through just our opinion, not clear to the general public.

I will ask for the graph to be sorted :)

Permabanned
It does not look like a very good review and the way they have presented the results does suggest they may be a bit biased. They definitely used the old graph trick, not having 0 for the minimum lol.

A reviews a review, You can't boycott it because you don't like there impression of the card. I don't think it's overly bias they simply saw nothing to rave about.

If as Mei suggests you don't offer it up then you're acting in the same way as what everyone complains about, IE: cherry picking reviewers.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
i agree up to a point
but the problem is, its so easy for anyone to make a terrible review
if you include every one you could have 100 junk ones and only 5 worth looking at, who has time for that and why should they earn advertising clicks for polluting the internet with something so worthless :)

but i wasnt telling him what to do, kaap can do what he wants, i was just being opinionated ^^;

Mei

Mei

Soldato
it is pretty funny how quickly boom falls in and out of love with video cards
he will find his soul mate one day!

will be a pic of him cuddling it on matts twitter <3

Associate
That is the most ridiculous review I've seen. Only about 100 points difference in Firestrike Ultra but the bar graph has been made to look like the Ti is 7 x faster. Crysis 3 4K only 5fps for FX...wtf.

How do such sites get away with?:confused:

Graph updated, though they are going to review and make it clearer tonight, it is not such a big gap now!

:eek:

Associate
It does not look like a very good review and the way they have presented the results does suggest they may be a bit biased. They definitely used the old graph trick, not having 0 for the minimum lol.

No bias, they just ran the benchies and put them in a graph. If anything, they took the decision to run the 4K tests batch twice, to give the Fury a chance.

I know not many will believe all that, because on the internet, everyone is right about everything, because everyone is an expert when they are in a virtual world.

I was there, they just ran the benches and posted them, you don't need to trust me, but if you want to spend £550 on a card you need to be objective, unless you have money to burn.

Anyways, there is no resolution to this, its the internet as we know it and I don't think any of these sites are too concerned about flamers and trolls, not you, but other people, they just want to make sure you guys have the info you need and they will take the hit on cash and popularity.

They are always looking for opinions though, so everything that is said is good! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom