• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fury X Vs Titan X - Performance compared

Soldato
Still waiting for solid evidence of AMD having better image quality than Nvidia. Not some horribly compressed youtube videos where there's clearly a configuration issue in the drivers.

Caporegime
I wouldn't worry, I'm sure 2 of the nvidia defence league are on their last strike by now so let them mouth of and just report the posts if they annoy you.

This thread and the other have nothing to do with image quality though and is pure trolling by AMD fanboys.

Once again...

k94an7a.jpg

At least we are debating the hardware, and not winging about people having an opinion.

Hold on here! So we getting given a Side By Side footage from a game.. We then give are feedback on what we see different... Only to be told

"The straw clutching in here is comical, keep it up guys."
"This thread and the other have nothing to do with image quality though and is pure trolling by AMD fanboys."
"The desperation to find a flaw in nvidia cards is absolutely comical."

:eek: Wow!

The point is we getting to see the difference here and can make are own choice on what I like the best off...

I have made it quite clear, in this thread and other thread on why Recording PVR might be washing out TX and not the FX.
It could be an RGB range issue, Greg says that looking at them side by side they look normal on his monitor. But once recorded thats were the TX issue appear...

I'll ask again just in case you missed it Greg can you confirm what setting the PVR is recording at and what are the both GPUs set to?

More or less this tbh.

As for the difference in colours, it is without a doubt down to gamma, brightness &/or contrast settings, something which can easily be fixed via a number of methods.

Greg you need to check your settings in AMD CCC and nvidia CP under pixel format, RGB section or whatever i.e.

bOfUrK7.png

Full RGB is what you want.

Although going by your other videos recorded by dxtory or whatever you used, you didn't have this problem so chances are it is something to do with the capture card settings.

Although as I have pointed out in the other thread, the bf 4 issue is most likely a user error or/and game issue:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28271368&postcount=366

EDIT:

Still waiting for solid evidence of AMD having better image quality than Nvidia. Not some horribly compressed youtube videos where there's clearly a configuration issue in the drivers.

I don't think there is an issue with iq on nvidia or AMD, however, just like to point out that the youtube compression etc. is going to affect BOTH gpu's not just 1.

Last edited:
Caporegime
But this was shown by other people not to be the case. It's something wrong on his end. I haven't touched a single setting in my NVCP and I don't have the texture filtering issue seen in Gregsters video.

Why would nvidia do something like this and in such a blatantly obvious way? By a fault in the driver? To gain a few extra fps? Use your cpmmon sense. If you noticed it in a poor quality YouTube video, do you not think the thousands of people playing BF4 on nvidia cards would have noticed it too? The lack of anisotropic filtering (or whatever the cause) is glaringly obvious and would be ten times more apparent when seen directly and not via a poor quality video. Something liked this would be fixed pretty quickly by nvidia or amd, if it was found to be a widespread issue, especially for a major title like BF4.

Doesn't stop the debate from being had, this debate is nothing new, its been going on for years and my point here is it is a debate about hardware, not about people. The Word "AMD Fonboy" gets banded around everytime there is a debate like this, often at people who are equally critical of AMD.

Caporegime
OP
I have found out the problem :D

The secondary monitor shows up as "Generic PnP" but looking through the NCP, I couldn't see a way to change it at all but using the default windows settings, I have it set to use the Asus ROG Swift monitors colour settings instead of the Generic settings. Both now look the same.

So fingers crossed it will all be good from here on out with comparisons.

Soldato
Debating is one thing, but making conjecture on evidence that has been shown to be flawed, is another. Their is a huge amount of unsubstantiated theories and misinformed comments in this thread and Gregsters BF4 thread. Not sure why, but there's clearly people with an agenda here.

Soldato
Debating is one thing, but making conjecture on evidence that has been shown to be flawed, is another. Their is a huge amount of unsubstantiated theories and misinformed comments in this thread and Gregsters BF4 thread. Not sure why, but there's clearly people with an agenda here.

Not to mention not one of them picked up on Arkham Knight where the water fidelity difference is clearly visibly worse on the Fury X.

Caporegime
OP
Look exactly the same now :)

Nvidia cheating - debunked! :p

Great work with the vids Gregster. Titan X is a beast !

Lol, I am glad in a way that people brought it up, as I wasn't happy with it but glad it is now sorted. Something as simple as switching the default secondary monitor to the Asus lol :D

Anyways, I will go through those again and delete the crappy coloured ones.

Not to mention not one of them picked up on Arkham Knight where the water fidelity difference is clearly visibly worse on the Fury X.

Yer, I have slowed it down from 1:32 to 0.25 speed and the Sea looks flat and nothing like the TXs Sea.... Weird.

Soldato
Good thread!

dxtory is a decent capturing app but the built in codecs suck. Download Lagarith Lossless Video Codec and use that with dxtory. In the settings I think you need to change the output to YUV (the one at the very bottom of the popdown list). You will get great quality videos at decent filesizes

Theres a video on youtube on how to do this but I cant link to it as im at work and youtube is blocked

Caporegime
OP
Good thread!

dxtory is a decent capturing app but the built in codecs suck. Download Lagarith Lossless Video Codec and use that with dxtory. In the settings I think you need to change the output to YUV (the one at the very bottom of the popdown list). You will get great quality videos at decent filesizes

Theres a video on youtube on how to do this but I cant link to it as im at work and youtube is blocked

I liked using DXtory but it wouldn't work in The Witcher 3 for some reason and it gave uneven performance hits on the GPUs depending on the game. Great quality though. I did use the Lagarith codec as well. Batman was recorded with it and the quality was impressive. The true and completely neutral way is using a dedicated capture card but it is a real shame it only does 30 fps @ 1080P. I have a 4K one as well but even that still only does 30 fps and was a chore to use.

Caporegime
Yeah I would be interested to hear if others have issues with that in batman, notice the difference in VRAM usage too.

Given how incredibly buggy the game is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a game issue as well though or who knows, maybe nvidia are gimping IQ for AMD cards in their gameworks games :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some of his video's clearly have lower Graphics settings in some games, especially BF4, even Greg himself acknowledges that and says he's done everything he can to put it right.

With lower Graphics settings Nvidia has an unfair performance advantage, and its only through side by side video comparisons that we can see the differences in quality, its something that no reviewer does these days so he's done a good job highlighting a potential issue. its right to debate it.

And Greg's results are entirely isolated.

Numerous Nvidia owners have posted screenshots proving there is no difference. No review has found a difference. Not even AMd with their thousands of hours of reverse engineering and testing Nvidia drivers to cheating have noticed anything.

yet some how a few people that don't even own a Nvidia card believe there is a based on a single isolated case despite the mountains if evidence on the contrary. Wow, talk about clutching straws.

Caporegime
Gregster can post anything he wants, and I appreciate he has spent considerable time and effort to create these videos. But surely if you post something like this on a forum, or any place that allows feedback (which I presume he wants), then you should expect exactly that, positive and negative. There is clearly an issue with his setup or something is not configured properly. This has already been verified by others. Making the videos again is probably overkill, but the issue should be addressed at least. Don't intend to be rude in any way, just to trying offer one possible solution. I think performance and image quality go hand in hand and you can't just ask people do ignore one of them whilst comparing the other.

In any case thanks for the videos Gregster. Just a shame some people can't apply a little common sense and realise theres a configuration issue, not some conspiracy by nvidia to get extra fps.

Indeed, I feel really sorry for gregster, he put in all this effort and his thread gets ruined by people hoping for some giant conspiracy that would put their favorite brand in good light. Absolutely ridiculous

Soldato
Indeed, I feel really sorry for gregster, he put in all this effort and his thread gets ruined by people hoping for some giant conspiracy that would put their favorite brand in good light. Absolutely ridiculous

To be honest I like Greg. He's very eccentric. When he does reviews he always does them from a different slant.

However, being fair to the Fury X it is a 4k card. If you read through reviews, it's a 4k card. Nowhere did it do well at 1080p so I think in all honesty (apart from the fun Greg had doing this) it was a complete waste of time.

It's kinda mad to want to use this card for anything at 1080p. I do like reading Greg's findings though but this one seems a little bit in favour of Nvidia (which is something else he does...)

Soldato
Not trying to stir the pot here, just curious. Was the AF texture distance issue resolved on the Titan X as well? Was that the 'prefer max quality' setting? Did it impact performance?

What res is that test video at please Gregster?

p.s. Sincerly thank you to Gregster for putting so much time and effort in. It was getting to the point I imagine where he felt like jacking it all in from the accusations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hold on here! So we getting given a Side By Side footage from a game.. We then give are feedback on what we see different... Only to be told

"The straw clutching in here is comical, keep it up guys."
"This thread and the other have nothing to do with image quality though and is pure trolling by AMD fanboys."
"The desperation to find a flaw in nvidia cards is absolutely comical."

:eek: Wow!

The point is we getting to see the difference here and can make are own choice on what I like the best off...

I have made it quite clear, in this thread and other thread on why Recording PVR might be washing out TX and not the FX.
It could be an RGB range issue, Greg says that looking at them side by side they look normal on his monitor. But once recorded thats were the TX issue appear...

I'll ask again just in case you missed it Greg can you confirm what setting the PVR is recording at and what are the both GPUs set to?

Wrong. You a given side by footage where there is clearly an issue in the recoding of some of the videos. Any analysis of IQ based on thatis completely flawed and a pointless waste of time.

You are also presented with dozens upon dozens of other screen shots by Nvidia owners who completely discredit the ridiculous fantasy that there is some kind of Nvidia conspiracy going on.

You can ignore all the evidence if you want and stick to your own interpretation of reality but expect people not to agree with it when they base their opinions on all the evidence.

Back
Top Bottom