• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
G1 with the coil whine going back today, ive ordered the Zotac Amp to replace it - fingers crossed its not as bad!

All cards have coil whine but at different volume levels and tones. Also depends on gpu work load. So no way to tell until you get the card if its better. My amp whines but cant hear it over the case fans so not an issue. You have to sit with your ear to the card to hear it whining.

Soldato
Happy days!!

hfweHlqm.jpg.png
Pair of MSI 980ti G1's

Got them fitted last night, which required a complete drain of the loop, removing the 290x's and then a rejig of the loop as these will be on air for a bit.

Any idea if the 'reference' full cover blocks will fit this card? No signs of a specific one listed anywhere yet.

:)

Associate
New around these parts... This beast arrived Tuesday:

exixH6U.png

Clocks to 2000MHz memory and 1470MHz boost, anything higher caused crashes. Didn't seem to be using higher than 109% power even under 4K load though.

However it has awful coil whine, but I've learnt that's a common occurrence with the Windforce models.

Last edited:
Associate
Ocuk offer 14 day satisfaction return.

Actual warranty is 5 years if you register the card. 3 if you dont. You have 28 days to register.

Do you know if Zotac have an RMA centre in the UK? And if they accept bad coil whine as a fault? I've had far too many cards with terrible terrible coil whine to not be cautious about returns policies.

Associate
So i have a G1 Gaming and when i first tried to OC it at all it would artifact in Ungine Heaven, now for some reason i am able to run a substantial OC and there is no artifacts at all :S..

Stock boost (1353Mhz)

Core V +50
Power Limit +130
Core Clock +100

OC Boost (1479MHZ - 1230mV)

After it reaches above 70c it will drop to 1466Mhz - 1205mV)

Associate
Do you know if Zotac have an RMA centre in the UK? And if they accept bad coil whine as a fault? I've had far too many cards with terrible terrible coil whine to not be cautious about returns policies.

No sorry. I think rma is in europe. As for coil whine if it is loud enough to hear over case fans i would say no one could refuse it. Pretty sure first year retailer has to handke the rma anyway?

Best way to be sure is ask in the CS forum.

Soldato
No they don't anymore

Yeah they do it got changed to this after the DSR was altered.

6.2 You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
6.3 The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.

Soldato
Yeah they do it got changed to this after the DSR was altered.

Yes, but if check all the t&c it says the product needs to be returned as new, not used, where as the old policy was satisfaction which is not the same, they now reserve the right to charge a restocking fee... Shouldn't be a problem for a genuine complaint like coil whine, but the new policy isn't as favourable as the old one

Back
Top Bottom