• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Three weeks for the HoF...
What was wrong with your Extreme?

I have plugged in on Friday, turned on the system, worked ok, but no sound from the STX, I have tried to fix it, finally reinstalled the Win, no change, very quiet, amp(!)lifier gone... ok, let's use the built in Audio, works fine.

I have tried few settings in Bios and I saw pixels are turning on/off randomly, like sparks, after a day the screen started to filcker some times not also in BIOS goes/comes, flickers, lines on the screen. I have tried 3 PCI-E slots, no change.

I have plugged my brother's Radeon 7870, no issues in any slots...

I have an Asrock Z97 OC Formula, Seasonic G650 what is related to this issue.

The system on Idle requires 80-90W, so i have 500W more for the card in idle...

Associate
To avoid disappointments I would go with the MSI Gaming, (almost) nobody ever complained about it, and the performance it's probably the same.

Even between 6+8 vs 8+8, every custom cooled card basically gets to that 1450/1500 range, no need to wait for exotic Classified or HoF for 99% of users!

Associate
Im a bit new to overclocking and that but i understand the basics.. i have a stable OC of about 1449 on my TI... but ive tried to increase the voltage to +50Mv to get past where i am with no improvement?? Im using EVGA Precision and turned overvoltage on and increased to +50Mv.. should i just take the Mv it as high as it will let me using the software?

Permabanned
Im a bit new to overclocking and that but i understand the basics.. i have a stable OC of about 1449 on my TI... but ive tried to increase the voltage to +50Mv to get past where i am with no improvement?? Im using EVGA Precision and turned overvoltage on and increased to +50Mv.. should i just take the Mv it as high as it will let me using the software?

Im using afterburner but I usually up the clocks then up the voltage until it stops bumping the clocks with it. Thats when you want to stop

Associate
Im using afterburner but I usually up the clocks then up the voltage until it stops bumping the clocks with it. Thats when you want to stop

Will have another play tomorrow.. Im at +130 on the GPU clock which is stable but i went in at +160 with a 50Mv increase and got a crash.. take it +50Mv wont get me much of an improvement

Soldato
To avoid disappointments I would go with the MSI Gaming, (almost) nobody ever complained about it, and the performance it's probably the same.

Even between 6+8 vs 8+8, every custom cooled card basically gets to that 1450/1500 range, no need to wait for exotic Classified or HoF for 99% of users!
Even reference get in that range in many cases.

My two both hit 1450/1475 with stock coolers, it's a very consistent card for overclocking unless you are very unlucky with a poor chip.

Soldato
Download GPUZ, it will show you the reason for the limits.

It may be power, voltage, utilisation, heat or SLI. In most cases it will be volts or power with the stock bios.

As my limit is based on power as opposed to voltage - increasing the volts actually decreases my performance (it hits the power limits sooner & throttles more often).

For an extended benchmark with on cool-down breaks my power/heat limit is around 1450 - I can clock to 1550 but my power hits a brick wall once the utilisation goes up to max & downclocks loads. As soon as I get my two under water this weekend I'll most likely flash the bios of both of them to see what I can get with a custom power setup & a few extra volts within the safe limits.

I'm fairly confident I'll be able to get to a nice 1550+ due to how they are performing at the moment on such low volts - but I'll have to wait & see.

Last edited:
Associate
Download GPUZ, it will show you the reason for the limits.

It may be power, voltage, utilisation, heat or SLI. In most cases it will be volts or power with the stock bios.

As my limit is based on power as opposed to voltage - increasing the volts actually decreases my performance (it hits the power limits sooner & throttles more often).

For an extended benchmark with on cool-down breaks my power/heat limit is around 1450 - I can clock to 1550 but my power hits a brick wall once the utilisation goes up to max & downclocks loads.

Cheers.. i`ll look into it some more.

Back
Top Bottom