• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
In fairness that just looks like a normal Phanteks case with graphics cards in. Doesn't look like you've heavily modified the case at all (as in the photos from the Wiki link you posted for cases, http://thehottestgadgets.com/2008/05/25-computer-case-mods-00432, most don't show but there are 3).

Maybe this is why you and me couldn't agree on the 290s being loud and hot? I was coming from quiet watercooled GPUs perspective and you were coming from AMD reference cooled cards (which haven't been great since, well, a long long long time ago).
Of course I think you said back then that noise isn't an issue because you use headphones and temps are fine because they're supposed to run hot. But now your opinions have changed? :)

Nope no mods, don't need to with a case like this. I could fit at least six Fury X rads in this case, possibly 8. Wonderful case and highly recommended!

Where's your rig picture?

I think you're mistaken, you claimed that the idle speed was very loud and I disagreed, and still do. Load on the other hand...

Headphones definitely helped block out the noise of four 290x though. Part of the reason The quad Fury x have taken some getting used to.

Soldato
Nope no mods, don't need to with a case like this. I could fit at least six Fury X rads in this case, possibly 8. Wonderful case and highly recommended!

Where's your rig picture?

I think you're mistaken, you claimed that the idle speed was very loud and I disagreed, and still do. Load on the other hand...

Headphones definitely helped block out the noise of four 290x though. Part of the reason The quad Fury x have taken some getting used to.

You do need mods for it to be considered an extravagant case though. It's not a case of modding it to fit stuff in, it's a case of modding it to make it unique, like the one with the Matrix squid thing breakign out of it. I don't think big, off the shelf case counts. I've got a 900D but I doubt that counts either. Neither does my TJ11, 540 AIR or HAF 932.
People that put a sticker on a MacBook are closer than us to having extravagant cases!
Our cases are pre-built, at least Mountain Mods and CaseLabs cases need to be built.

I'll take a photo of my 'rigs' when they're finished! (hint: they'll never be finished!)

Soldato
You do need mods for it to be considered an extravagant case though. It's not a case of modding it to fit stuff in, it's a case of modding it to make it unique, like the one with the Matrix squid thing breakign out of it. I don't think big, off the shelf case counts. I've got a 900D but I doubt that counts either. Neither does my TJ11, 540 AIR or HAF 932.
People that put a sticker on a MacBook are closer than us to having extravagant cases!
Our cases are pre-built, at least Mountain Mods and CaseLabs cases need to be built.

I'll take a photo of my 'rigs' when they're finished! (hint: they'll never be finished!)

I wouldn't mind seeing your FuryX setup.

Soldato
Must admit.. Loving my Fury X's at the moment:D

They are bonkers powerful @1440P in the games i've tested so far.

No problems maxing out Crysis 3, BF 4 results in well over 160fps averages, Witcher 3 averages around 80-100fps.

If anyone would like me to tests some games (If i have them of course) i'd happily help.

Soldato
Knowing you that means August, at which point Nvidia will become the devil again and their hardware will be mediocre compared to your new AMD card. It wasn't that long ago you were the only one waxing lyrical about the Fury X!
Now, what's coming out in August? Fury X2? :D

Is this your attempt to push bias onto me?

Always saying AMD and Nvidia are as good / bad as each other and I wish there was a third option. I buy cards from both camps whichever I prefer, obviously I would prefer it else why would I buy it? Literally makes no sense.

Poor trolling effort to be fair. Fury X is a great card, pump noise killed it for me. Now I'm using a GTX 980 Ti as there was no Fury X stock and pump issue wasn't clear at time of RMA.

I'm sure this won't stop you saying I have some kind of agenda lol. Good luck with that.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm thinking if just water cooling my Fury X. I just wasn't exited having to go for a 980 ti, and as much as AMD screwed this launch up, i would just prefer not to go that route.

I was thinking of doing this in the future anyway, but wanted to see how the Fury X played out for a bit first. Just going to ramp up my timeline.

The build will hopefully look good once it's finished.

Associate
I think I might be getting my Fury X today, already have the waterblock for it. I thought it would be some time this week to be honest.
I preordered on the 26th, just looked though and everything still says pre-order so not a massive influx of stock it would seem.

Soldato
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MegaChips Corporation today announced the production shipment of the MCDP28 family of products, the world's first devices to bridge DisplayPort1.2 and HDMI2.0a, the two most common digital-display interface technologies used in computer and consumer electronics. The new products implement a high-speed level-shifter and active-protocol converter (LSPCON) in a single chip. Now consumers can enjoy 4K premium content streaming with HDCP2.2 encryption from their personal mobile devices to a large screen display in their living rooms.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-with-hdmi20a-in-a-single-chip-300098508.html
http://www.megachips.us/products/MCDP28_Products.php

jso0X6r.jpg

Associate
Nope, tubing is the perfect length. I can fit it anywhere within the Phanteks Enthoo Primo and this case is huge.

Matt why are there so few X cards, and a lot of air cooled Fury?
Is it because they use more chips to Fury on purpose, or the yields are that bad there's not enough full chips for the X?

Back
Top Bottom