• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Demand is outstripping supply at the moment.

Yeah i know the official standing on this :) but there seems to be enough Fury around tho.
But why are so much more Fury than X? Are those purposely cut down full chips because AMD thinks they sell better than the X..or are there so few full fat chips that the supply is low?

Soldato
Yeah i know the official standing on this :) but there seems to be enough Fury around tho.
But why are so much more Fury than X? Are those purposely cut down full chips because AMD thinks they sell better than the X..or are there so few full fat chips that the supply is low?

cut down chips tend to have a higher production rate (less surface area for flaws etc) and I imagine the cooler for the X is restricting availability, given most of the ones they produced prelaunch were faulty!

Soldato
Is this your attempt to push bias onto me?

Always saying AMD and Nvidia are as good / bad as each other and I wish there was a third option. I buy cards from both camps whichever I prefer, obviously I would prefer it else why would I buy it? Literally makes no sense.

Poor trolling effort to be fair. Fury X is a great card, pump noise killed it for me. Now I'm using a GTX 980 Ti as there was no Fury X stock and pump issue wasn't clear at time of RMA.

I'm sure this won't stop you saying I have some kind of agenda lol. Good luck with that.

Cheers.

Not saying you have an agenda, simply that you change graphics cards about as often as I blink. And because you're unlikely to buy a card you want less than the one you had your opinion of which card is best changes as frequently.

That's all I was saying, that your opinion of a long long time might be ~1 month given the frequency you change cards.

Associate
It has been professionally installed, seems silent so far ( idle ),
I can hear a tiny noise but it might be coming from the cpu VRMs, hard to tell

eQfJhtq.jpg

Associate
Apparently this is what the card sounds like with the fixed pump.

Sounds like a bloody fridge. :confused:

TBH i think all these videos are worth crap. My H110 needed 2-3 days if i remember correctly until it worked out all the air bubbles. It had all sort of noise until then...after that..nothing.

Man of Honour
OP

It has been professionally installed, seems silent so far ( idle ),
I can hear a tiny noise but it might be coming from the cpu VRMs, hard to tell

eQfJhtq.jpg

Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

20/07/2015, Make Reference, Ash0787, Link
20/07/2015, Make Reference, phiiil, Link
05/07/2015, Make Reference, muziqaz, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Gregster, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Silent_Scone, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, MDPlatts, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Firefox35, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, uksoldierboy, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, Sesta, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, TheSwede, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, whyscotty, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Kaapstad, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Boomstick777, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, machinebummer, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, AMDMatt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury X.

GoMgQTO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom