• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Beasty, have you tried getting a x16 pcie extension and mounting the 2nd card somewhere else?

Already thought about it, there's room in my case but then I'm not sure the extension will fit if I'm still using the brackets on the back of the case due to obstacles on the motherboard. I'd then need to think about extending my sli bridge due to not being able to find one longer than 12cm. To be honest, for the price I may just order a powered extension anyway and give myself another option.

Soldato
I've seen people mount the 2nd gpu at an angle as well, using a flex sli bridge .. Anything just to open up that gap a little

You can twist the pcie extension so you end up with the 2nd card upside down, and that might change what obstacles you have, for better or worse

Associate
I've seen people mount the 2nd gpu at an angle as well, using a flex sli bridge .. Anything just to open up that gap a little

You can twist the pcie extension so you end up with the 2nd card upside down, and that might change what obstacles you have, for better or worse

I've ordered one anyway so I'll just see how I get on with temps once I get the front 3 intakes going and maybe 1 more at the end of the 2 cards. If I need to pull them apart and use the extension I will, I'll just need to get the soldering iron out and join a couple of sli bridges.

Soldato
Hi all, just posted a thread here in GH as i've just bought that funky new 4k Philips 40" screen.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18682468

At the moment I have 2 x 7850 in crossfire....which is OK but I guess there's better. These 980TI's have caught my eye, never spent so much on a card before, £200 tops but hey, if splashing out....

I like the look of the Zotac ones....the AMP Extreme seems to be the most popular and is on offer this week. Is it worth the extra £70 over the normal one or are most people just overclocking them?

Caporegime
Hi all, just posted a thread here in GH as i've just bought that funky new 4k Philips 40" screen.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18682468

At the moment I have 2 x 7850 in crossfire....which is OK but I guess there's better. These 980TI's have caught my eye, never spent so much on a card before, £200 tops but hey, if splashing out....

I like the look of the Zotac ones....the AMP Extreme seems to be the most popular and is on offer this week. Is it worth the extra £70 over the normal one or are most people just overclocking them?

The Amp Extreme seems the top card of the moment, get it ;)

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/84722-zotac-geforce-gtx-980-ti-amp-extreme/

Soldato
Just received my MSI 6G. So glad I RMA'd the Gigabyte G1.

Absolutely no coil whine, and even with an aggressive fan curve pushing 80% @ 60C the noise is much less than the G1, much less.

Very pleased. I've taken quite a few screen shots during my testing over the past while, so I'll try to find time to post details to help others who are trying to choose their next card.

Caporegime
Just received my MSI 6G. So glad I RMA'd the Gigabyte G1.

Absolutely no coil whine, and even with an aggressive fan curve pushing 80% @ 60C the noise is much less than the G1, much less.

Very pleased. I've taken quite a few screen shots during my testing over the past while, so I'll try to find time to post details to help others who are trying to choose their next card.

Nice one String :cool:

Associate
Looking to upgrade my GTX 780. I'm sure it will fit in my 540 case but not sure about my motherboard. Due to it's size would it be fine on a Maxumus V Gene MB?

You don't mention which card you are looking at. But as long as the card fits your case then the motherboard isn't going to be an issue.

Associate

Roll of Honor please mate
cheers
edit. just put todays date as i just had it delivered
amur2s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom