• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Caporegime
Finally joined this thread - twice. :D

Got myseklf two watercooled r9 290s which i estimate doubles my performance over my single 7970 which lasted me two and half years.

Seems like a worthwhile step up. :)

Permabanned
Seems strange people still doing reviews of 290x...

They need it really, Driver optimisations make it perform a good bit better than it did when all the release reviews where made, We could do with all the 390x reviews being re done too, They held back the optimized drivers from the 200 series cards to make the 390/x look that much better than it really is when compared to the 200 series equivalent.

Soldato
just got a 290x from the members market. Does anyone know what the aux voltage does in afterburner? Only had a quick play at overclocking it but whacked the ram to 1400mhz thinking all would be fine but instant black screen in games though heaven and valley benchmarks are fine. Increasing the aux volts stops this but don't really know what its doing.

Caporegime
just got a 290x from the members market. Does anyone know what the aux voltage does in afterburner? Only had a quick play at overclocking it but whacked the ram to 1400mhz thinking all would be fine but instant black screen in games though heaven and valley benchmarks are fine. Increasing the aux volts stops this but don't really know what its doing.

Aux is the IMC, (Integrated Memory Controller)

Associate
You can add my new 290X Lightning to that list Kaap :D

CJ5wP18WUAAh7XB.jpg:large

Soldato
Back in the (4GB) club, compliments of AMD. :)

RudTF7I.jpg

Think you should send that reference card my way matt to keep mine company , only had it a week and it's already getting lonely :D ..

Don't know why everyone complains about the noise and heat either the temps never go above 78 on mine with a max of 65% fan usage , is audible but I game with headphones so don't mind and it keeps my feet nice and warm under the desk :)

Back
Top Bottom