• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
I guess so.. I looked under the hood and my pump has the new Cooler Master logo.. I can live with the noise when I'm gaming. It's far better than my 7970 when under load but when my pc is idling it drives me nuts :(

Have you got your new card yet? how does it sound?

If I paid £500+ for a new graphics card, damned sure I wouldn't put up with it.

RMA it.

You don't and that noise will gnaw at your subconscious until the end of days.

Caporegime
I scared the crap out of the DPD guy, I think it was the jam covered tally wacker.

But it hath arrived ! :D

No whine either :)

tNlzxTx.jpg.png

Sweet looking setup Brotein shake! The Fury X really fits in well with your rig.

Welcome to the (Fury) fold. :cool:

Before long though you'll start to realise one is simply not enough and next thing you know you have four of them. :p

2q3osbr.png

Caporegime
I scared the crap out of the DPD guy, I think it was the jam covered tally wacker.

But it hath arrived ! :D

No whine either :)

tNlzxTx.jpg.png

Congrats, looking good :)

Well ive had a right mare, the one i ordered yesterday, to go out today for a delivery tomorrow, was in stock when i put the order in, got an email this afternoon, saying it wasn't in stock, so ive cancelled it, and ordered an XFX from here :D

I shall not be beaten!, I want my Fury X! :D

I have a problem.

After installing the FX. I can only load in safe mode at resolution 800x600. If i load normally all i get is bands of colour on the screen. I tried ddu and reinstalled 15.7.1. No luck.

Im using an active dvi to displayport adapter as my monitor only has dvi and is 1600p.

Please help!

That doesn't sound good :(

Could be the adapter.

I was only on DVI before, so got a new DP monitor as well, as i thought, what if i get an adapter, and it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Soldato
RMAs been completed, just need to wait for them to get some more in now, before they can send my replacement, but no hurry, as got another one coming tomorrow :D

Fingers crossed that this is a problem-free one;).

I'm looking to upgrade to one of these from a gtx 690 with a sjylake CPU, but waiting for more stock and a lower price.

Associate
Hello,

Just bought a Sapphire Fury Tri-X. Unfortunately the coil whine seems to be on the extreme side of things. I actually thought a cable went into one of the fans :(

Have anyone else experienced major coil whine with the Tri-X?

Soldato
Just ran 3DMarks DX12 drawcall test and the FX beats the Titan X quite nicely, Both GPU's tested on my rig, Bearing in mind this was with the Titan X overclocked to 1450 on the core and 8000 on the memory and with the Fury X being completely at stock -

M2w8tRA.jpg.png

Associate
I have a problem.

After installing the FX. I can only load in safe mode at resolution 800x600. If i load normally all i get is bands of colour on the screen. I tried ddu and reinstalled 15.7.1. No luck.

Im using an active dvi to displayport adapter as my monitor only has dvi and is 1600p.

Please help!

If you've got a picture at all it's probably not the issue - but for anyone else reading what you need is a DisplayPort to DVI adaptor not the other way round. Active adapters are not reversible normally so the order matters.

Hello,

Just bought a Sapphire Fury Tri-X. Unfortunately the coil whine seems to be on the extreme side of things. I actually thought a cable went into one of the fans :(

Have anyone else experienced major coil whine with the Tri-X?

Maybe ask in this thread

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a problem.

Please help!

My fury pro didn't work at all until I updated the motherboard bios ( thanks again AMD Matt)
Maybe give that a go.

Back
Top Bottom