*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Anybody else having trouble with the USB 3.0 header / cable?? I've got an sabertooth z77 mobo and for the life of me, I can't get the front USB header cable plugged in. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I tried plugging in the header cable from my "old" case and it clicked in without any problems...wtf!???

Check the cable connector pins haven't been bent, mine took a little force to get in at first

Associate
They appear to be aligned correctly (to the naked eye) which is super frustrating. I'll give it another go when I get home from work. To me, it looks like the cable plug, hasn't got sufficient clearance for the pins to push through, I'll see if I can take some pictures to compare with others...

Associate
Nice build! What thickness rads are they? Push Pull?

What's the issue with the fan hub? Works well on mine.

45MM Rads on Push, never found any gain with push pull worth the extra.

Fan Hub dunno fans don't power up even with one fan hooked up, fan powers up fine from the header but not via the hub.

Associate
You did plug in the power didn't you :p

What are your temps like on that setup man?

Yes had power in but it won't even show in Bios as fan connected, plug a single fan into CPU Header it works fine, I've ordered another PWM Controller see if that works.

Temps... :) only have 3 fans running at the moment, about 35 on CPU 27 on GPU's Idle.

Associate
OP
Rustyone added you to RoH

My case arrived my wife says, in a cruel joke she told me she sent it back because I'm going to be home a week late and she's none to happy about it. Nearly fell for it, but turns out she did accept delivery...phew !

Last edited:
Associate
Well after faffing about with the Phanteks Fan Hubs which would not work, Tried another brand which works fine, so it seems like I have 2 faulty Phanteks ones, or they don't like my Motherboard.

Associate
Started building in my black evolv atx. Going to be a couple of days before any pics. Couple of things that maybe of use to people. The black version comes with white PCI slot covers. Great if your doing a theme with white in it. If not, then I would recommend some silverstone aeroslots in matt black https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-187-SV

If your using Noctua fans like I am, or fans with short ish cables, you're going to need fan extension cables. Just to run the cables neatly. Akasa do some braided ones, got some coming tomorrow.

Last edited:
Associate
My fan controller seems to have no control over any fans connected and they all run at full speed.

It seems to be a fan splitter with no control as it's not even seen in Bios.

Does anyone have this actually controlling fan speeds via PWM in the bios settings, seems to be it just runs at whatever speed your fan is.

Back
Top Bottom