• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
EiD0Puk.jpg b0ABnKi.jpg

Excuse the messy cables -- want to see if I have whiners before properly bedding them :p

I did make the epic...est? most epic! of errors though -- forgot these used full size DP so started panicking when I realised my cable was mini dp :D Using *ew* hdmi at 30hz for the time being until the cable arrives from OC :p

Soldato
During bootup can definitely hear some high pitched whine, but during normal ops - silent as a mouse. Just gonna get some benching done and test them out properly :p

Caporegime
:eek:

20150807_172826.jpg

Testing.
20150807_154604.jpg

and shes bloody fine, only got a slight whine, but i can hardly hear it, just sounds normal for the pump going, and its nowhere near as loud as the one i got from here, im well happy!

:D:D:D

Caporegime
:eek:

20150807_172826.jpg

Testing.
20150807_154604.jpg

and shes bloody fine, only got a slight whine, but i can hardly hear it, just sounds normal for the pump going, and its nowhere near as loud as the one i got from here, im well happy!

:D:D:D

:cool::cool::cool:

Happy for you mate.

It's unfortunate that there still seem to be a few of the noisy pumps doing the rounds. Hopefully in time we will see only the new revision pumps in retail. :)

Caporegime
Err! you said something similar about the last one.

We need proof :D

I know, the last one seemed to get louder after it had warmed up, but this ones fine, been on nearly 3 hrs now, and i can still hardly hear it, when im typing on my keyboard, i cant hear it all, all i can hear is my keys clacking (got a Logitech G710+), and when i stop, its back to hardly again, its like night and day compared, this one to me, just sounds like its the norm, a pump running makes, bit of a hum as well, the one i got from here, is way, way louder, and doesn't sound normal at all, real loud high pitch whine on that one, couldn't stand it after it warmed up, had to whip it out quick. :D

Soldato
I think I got lucky too -- no noticable whine. There is a *slight* high pitch noise under load, but it's drowned out by the fans which are quiet themselves - kinda says how loud/noticable it is.

But man, firestrike ultra makes my pc cry -- still, it's above the "4k gaming" standard on 3dmark - whatever the **** standard that is :D Can't wait for voltage control to be unlocked so I can fiddle about with OC ^_^

Sidenote: Max Temp 45'C under load on either card -- man that's a change from the 80+ on the 7970s.

Soldato
I know, the last one seemed to get louder after it had warmed up, but this ones fine, been on nearly 3 hrs now, and i can still hardly hear it, when im typing on my keyboard, i cant hear it all, all i can hear is my keys clacking (got a Logitech G710+), and when i stop, its back to hardly again, its like night and day compared, this one to me, just sounds like its the norm, a pump running makes, bit of a hum as well, the one i got from here, is way, way louder, and doesn't sound normal at all, real loud high pitch whine on that one, couldn't stand it after it warmed up, had to whip it out quick. :D

Good stuff!

Deservedly, you got their in the end :cool:

Caporegime
:cool::cool::cool:

Happy for you mate.

It's unfortunate that there still seem to be a few of the noisy pumps doing the rounds. Hopefully in time we will see only the new revision pumps in retail. :)

Yay at last :D

Good stuff!

Deservedly, you got their in the end :cool:

Thanks guys :)

I did indeed get there in the end, this afternoon i just thought, i'll ring one of my locals again, just on the off chance, as last called them Monday, and he said they got some in, asked how many, said 5, so i belted over there for one :D

I just slipped her in (ooh err :p), and stood the pump up on that foamy stuff thats on the top of them in the box, as thought, no way am i gona faff on putting her all in proper, not this time, just gona switch on and boot up, see how she is. :D

Couple more days, i'll be used to hearing her, getting used to her now tbh :p

Can't believe i managed to find a good one so quick, honestly is night and day compared to the one from here, its definitely not normal that one, can't be if this ones anything to go by.

Last edited:
Associate
Congrats to the guys with the new Fury X's . Nice to hear, or not to hear, that they are quiet. I think I will hold out for a few more weeks to see if this becomes the norm. I am itching to replace my 7990 in my other rig.

Associate
As a proud owner of the little sister to you guys, it's great to see your perseverance pay off with the big sister :)

I'm confident the best is yet to come with this family of cards, happy gaming!

Caporegime

I give it a week.....

:p

Caporegime
Can't get GTA V to stop hitching, nowhere near as smooth as on my 290, its much worse, and im using the same settings, it also says ive got 8384410MB in the menu for some reason, fps plummet to around 41/43 for a split second, every now and again too, before shooting right back up to around 70/70+ again :p

Tried ALT+TAB out back in, but still same, AB memory graph, is mostly in that yellowy greeny colour, just few bits of blue.

Temp seemed to max out at 62 though :D

Edit: Win7 64bit btw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom