*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Must help a bit, where was this ? front roof section, looks like a Heatsink.

Yea the top panel has one of those front and rear but only the rear had gaps in between the fins to allow air to escape. You cant actually see them really only the rear one if you are looking directly at the back of the case.

Maybe they designed it this way so If your sat with it very close to you the warm air isnt blown directly in your face but I have space so would rather lower temps.

Will try get a photo. Im guessing this is not a feature of the other sized chassis?

Soldato
Quick question, sorry if been asked but pulling my hair out trying to find the answer....

Will an EATX form factor motherboard fit in this case? Specifically the Asrock x99 professional?
The specs for the case says it takes EATX but only 264mm width. From what I can find EATX boards are over 300mm. So how does that work?

Problem is I cannot find out the exact dimensions of Asrock x99 professional board. Downloaded the manual and looked everywhere!

Soldato
Quick question, sorry if been asked but pulling my hair out trying to find the answer....

Will an EATX form factor motherboard fit in this case? Specifically the Asrock x99 professional?
The specs for the case says it takes EATX but only 264mm width. From what I can find EATX boards are over 300mm. So how does that work?

Problem is I cannot find out the exact dimensions of Asrock x99 professional board. Downloaded the manual and looked everywhere!

Rustyone has an EATX mobo in his but he says it isn't a great fit, If you can't find those dimensions, wouldn't risk it and would probably just consider another case.

Soldato
Rustyone has an EATX mobo in his but he says it isn't a great fit, If you can't find those dimensions, wouldn't risk it and would probably just consider another case.

Thanks bud, useful to know.

To be honest I'm weighing up several motherboard options for a whole new gaming build. Currently narrowed it down (but subject to change!) to between the Asrock x99 professional (E-ATX) as mentioned, and the Asrock X99X Killer, which is ATX.

The fact that I really like this case and its looks may help me swing the decision to go for the Killer as it's normal ATX dimensions.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The standard EATX size is 305 x 330 mm

From the spec sheet the EVOLV ATX Motherboard support: E-ATX *(up to 264mm wide) correct.

However I see a few X99 boards that quote EATX but measure 305x264.

Now I've just found on specout that is says the Professional is 10.40" x 12" which in real money is 264x305 :D So yes it should fit.

See here http://motherboards.specout.com/l/4090/Asrock-Fatal1ty-X99-Professional

Hope that helps and you can feel confident in your purchase now :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The standard EATX size is 305 x 330 mm

From the spec sheet the EVOLV ATX Motherboard support: E-ATX *(up to 264mm wide) correct.

However I see a few X99 boards that quote EATX but measure 305x264.

Now I've just found on specout that is says the Professional is 10.40" x 12" which in real money is 264x305 :D So yes it should fit.

See here http://motherboards.specout.com/l/4090/Asrock-Fatal1ty-X99-Professional

Hope that helps and you can feel confident in your purchase now :)

Thanks bud, nice find :)

However, I'm always wary of third party site details - they're quite often completely wrong so I don't think I'd be confident trusting that :(

It seems madness that something as important, and basic, as the physical dimensions of the motherboards aren't stated anywhere!

Soldato
Thanks bud, useful to know.

To be honest I'm weighing up several motherboard options for a whole new gaming build. Currently narrowed it down (but subject to change!) to between the Asrock x99 professional (E-ATX) as mentioned, and the Asrock X99X Killer, which is ATX.

The fact that I really like this case and its looks may help me swing the decision to go for the Killer as it's normal ATX dimensions.

Looks like your professional board is a possibility, ask rusty what his dimensions are and you will have a better idea about your experience with a board of that size.

It is a pretty case, some airflow issues from the front (don't see why phanteks couldn't offer an aftermarket replacement at some point or even mod one yourself if so desired, not a consideration for myself as I don't need bleeding edge cooling and the airflow on the case is a hell of a lot better than the case I have now.

Associate
Finished my build in the Evolv ATX. Just need to get some cable combs when Cablemod get some to OcUK. I couldn't get the fan hub to work properly, so swapped out the 3 pin case fan Noctua's for some PWM Noctua's. Just used an Akasa PWM splitter connected to the SATA lead and motherboard. Works well. Back is a bit messy at the moment, may do some cable management at some point. Can't be seen from the front though. Does anyone know if Noiseblocker sell the fan gaskets, screws and little rubber inserts that go in the mounting holes, separately? I've got them on the rear fan, the fronts don't and it makes the case hum slightly.

Associate

Don't see why not, Asus Rampage V Extreme Fits 30.5 cm x 27.2 cm
EVGA Classified fits. 30.5 cm x 26.4 cm

Both are EATX boards Can't see the ASrock being a problem.

Thing with my board is the 24 pin connector sits side on so was akward to connect.

Drop them a mail and confirm :)

Soldato
There seem to be a lot of problems with the fan controler. I wonder if it's a faulty batch?

4 pin goes to the mobo cpu header, powered over a sata connector, white header is the one that manages RPM. Everyone using this configuration? I actually need that controler so I'm kinda wanting to actually get a working one when I order.

Nice build Jon, you can pick up rubber/silicon fan mounts just about anywhere, sure I've seen them on overclockers somewhere. Unless you want those specific items of course, no idea about that sorry.

Guys with cases, could anyone tell me if I could fit 3x 140mm fans at the front if I removed the front panel connectors?

IO connectors that is, usb, sound, whatever.

Last edited:
Associate
There seem to be a lot of problems with the fan controler. I wonder if it's a faulty batch?

4 pin goes to the mobo cpu header, powered over a sata connector, white header is the one that manages RPM. Everyone using this configuration? I actually need that controler so I'm kinda wanting to actually get a working one when I order.

Nice build Jon, you can pick up rubber/silicon fan mounts just about anywhere, sure I've seen them on overclockers somewhere. Unless you want those specific items of course, no idea about that sorry.

Guys with cases, could anyone tell me if I could fit 3x 140mm fans at the front if I removed the front panel connectors?

I tried 2, no joy would not powerup the fans, used a Lampton which worked fine but looked odd, an Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 LT which looked to messy and would not fit the space behind M/Board, ended up with a Modmytoys one which does the job but runs the fans at 1300Rpm which is actually ok as the case needs this speed with it's reduced airflow, usually run at about 900Rpm.

Associate

3 X 140's won't fit as there is only 410 space for fans which is recessed taking out the connector won't help, 3 X 120's are ok

Back
Top Bottom