• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Could it be down to the VRM's getting too hot? I know MSI had problems in the past with overheating VRM's (I think it was their R9 280X Gaming card). I know the fans don't spin up until the GPU hits 60C with some cards, but chances are the VRM circuitry could be getting quite a bit hotter than that with no airflow, even if the GPU itself is just below 60C.

Hard to tell, mate. The fans go to 80% at 65C with my custom curve and I have 2 SP120 Performace fans blowing on the heat sink, so there's plenty air flow.

I know the power usage is viewable in AB and as soon as it hits 103% it throttles no matter what the core temp is.

Soldato
Anyone with access to Killing floor 2? The new nVidia flex they put in is ******** all over my 980ti even with an OC.. If i use the Gibs + fluid flex option my FPS tanks to below 45 the second effects starts to roll.. Its borderlands 2 all over again. Wondering if its drivers or just nvidia physx at its "best" yet again.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
A quick question regarding DSR, if I run something in 4k using DSR on a 1080p monitor will the framerate be the same as running @ 4k on a 4k monitor?

Just trying to gauge what sort of performance I'd get by upgrading my monitor wondering if DSR is a good gauge for that.

It will give you a very good idea on what to expect. I've compared 1440p native to 1440p DSR'd whilst benchmarking and the scores were virtually identical.

Soldato
Oops just ordered the Inno Hybrid from OCUK, that's a great price for an OC 980 Ti with AIO. The VRM cooling is what tempted me,

iA3uGVU.jpg

Was gonna get my boys a Nano for their ITX but will give them my REF 980 Ti and have this badboy in my main PC.

kFes9ec.jpg
xAny9CX.jpg
KzBu5UW.jpg

Soldato
Another Ti Boom.:eek:

Right, Iam hereby reccomending you go seek medical attention for this Ti fetish.:D

Not again Boomstick777 :D Yes that is some good VRM cooling. let us no how overclock go`s.

Haha, yeah I know it's an addiction :p, like the look of this one. Expecting temps to be really nice in my MITX. Boys are gonna have my REF 980 Ti. So will still be used.

Soldato
Haha, yeah I know it's an addiction :p, like the look of this one. Expecting temps to be really nice in my MITX. Boys are gonna have my REF 980 Ti. So will still be used.

Hey Boom! Let me know or rather us know how you get on with this card please. Im quite interested! I was going to either go MSI 980Ti 6G and fit my own AIO with a kraken kit or get the INNO hybrid.

But id like to see your input on this card please mate :D

Back
Top Bottom