• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ashes of the Singularity Bench

Soldato
Fury doesn't scale well at all with voltage, in fact the voltage regulation used actually become increasingly inefficient when the temperatures increase.

It's not a great card for overclocking at all.

Soldato
How's the X limited - voltage?

980ti and FuryX have the roughly the same voltage to play with.

See above
Sorry it was poor choice of wording on my part. What I mean was "moderate" level of overclock vs "high" level overclock.

But regarding what you were refering to...surely with the difference in the architecture, you cannot not compare voltage like that as it is not apple to apple comparison? Like for example SandyBridge need higher vcore for overclocking to the same clock as the IvyBridge, it's not exactly like for like comparison.

Also regarding the relationship on the voltage use on GPU with GDDR5 and GPU with HBM memory, surely they would be different in some way?

Last edited:
Caporegime
IMHO the DX12 need s better drivers more games and benches, and devs need to get used to it, so it will be at least half a year until we get some idea whats what

Spot on. It is good we have a DX12 bench to try, we really need several before seeing the big picture. Ohhh and so long as I am in the top 10, I am happy :D

Man of Honour
OP
Wide open to user manipulation, it's all fun if your on top.:p

That would be me then using DX11 on my crappy old TitanX @1080p.:p:D:)

Actually I didn't even think of the resolution but you are correct. At 1080P the Maxwell cards are faster due to the higher clock speed allowing them to pull ahead. As the resolution gets up to 4K the FuryX is basically the same fps as a TitanX.

I was running my EVGA SC TitanX at stock for that run.:D

Man of Honour
OP
Fury doesn't scale well at all with voltage, in fact the voltage regulation used actually become increasingly inefficient when the temperatures increase.

It's not a great card for overclocking at all.

I have noticed my FXs are sensitive to temperature, this was quite noticeable when I fitted custom waterblocks and got an increase of 20mhz with the better cooling available.

If people are going to get the best out of the Fury Xs with voltage control they will need to have very good cooling.

Having said that the Fury Xs are probably the coolest running cards I have used with waterblocks. This could be due to having HBM which uses less power and is also packed around the GPU making it easier for the waterblock to cool.

Soldato
No, the bench is broken and flawed but seems a couple of guys are not happy for whatever reason and looking at their sig's, it does make me chuckle. Maybe results are not as they had hoped? :D

Your post also sounds a little bitter. Chill man, just a bit of fun bench thread.

No I'm not bitter. Surely you can agree there is a lot of pathetic ha ha haing from team green ( you know who). Makes no difference to me but what I do find annoying is all of this one upmanship.

Caporegime
No I'm not bitter. Surely you can agree there is a lot of pathetic ha ha haing from team green ( you know who). Makes no difference to me but what I do find annoying is all of this one upmanship.

But surely you can see that something is up with this bench? I don't think anyone is really seeing this as a "be all and end all" scenario and as for the one-upmanship, it is harmless banter as I see it. A few more games and devs more experienced in DX12 will give good boosts to both AMD and Nvidia and we can all get along and solve world peace :p

Man of Honour
OP
Associate
But surely you can see that something is up with this bench? I don't think anyone is really seeing this as a "be all and end all" scenario and as for the one-upmanship, it is harmless banter as I see it. A few more games and devs more experienced in DX12 will give good boosts to both AMD and Nvidia and we can all get along and solve world peace :p

I would take all these bench results with a pinch of salt at least until the game enters a BETA stage.

Associate
The thing is about nvidia OCing. You guys are moaning about it, but yet no one here is stopping you guys to clock YOUR cards skyhigh. We with fury x or other AMD cards are not the ones who are saying that your cards cannot clock higher than already posted here, you guys are saying that they can clock higher. You are with nvidia cards, not us, so if you have nvidia card and you say it can clock to this or that, clock it, run the benchmark, and shut up about it ;) It is not a rocket science, is it?
Some of you start discussion how we need thread for this benchmark to see how OC influences the scores, yet same people post single clock results and start talking about how those cards can do better. Do better, post any results with substantial OC. More data points on the leaderboard, bigger picture we have about clock influence on the benchmark. Yes? No?

Man of Honour
OP

World peace is dead easy, keeping NVidia happy may be difficult.:D

Soldato

Iv never said there wasn't something wrong with the bench. Iv said it is what it is before so lets not get hung up on it. If we can just share results without every other post asking "what happened with amd supposedly being good at dx12 hahaha" then fine.

Back
Top Bottom